Help needed please

(1 Post)
302stacey Fri 09-Apr-21 17:10:41

Hi,
I'm the mother of a three year old and a seven week old. I have received a jury summons for Winchester court in may 2021 and I asked to be excused.
We relocated to Hampshire for my husbands new job which gave us financial freedom for me to be a stay at home mum. We don't have family here and made very few friends due to lockdown this past year.
It's hard being a new parent in a pandemic, newborns don't sleep well so I'm tired like all new parents, I am also exclusively breastfeeding. Lastnight I found out they rejected my request to be excused.

A friend of ours who is a law professor has shared my story on Twitter https://twitter.com/phillipdjmorgan/status/1380537820851343361?s=21
If you could please follow and retweet?

In Scotland new mums are automatically excused. La leche league say that breastfeeding mothers often have difficulty getting deferrals or excusals. I don't even think it's just a breastfeeding issue; I don't think a sleep deprived new mother can be expected to sit on a jury for ten days potentially. It's not fair to those on trial either. Would really appreciate any support on Twitter even just retweeting the original story please.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in