Eddie Izzard states he has both 'girl and boy' GENETICS?

(85 Posts)
Nameitychangity Mon 01-Feb-21 19:25:16

Story released today quotes Izzard as saying they have both girl and boy genetics? What the actual hell? I'm lost for words. What fantasy planet are they living on? Hope no-one, especially children, reading this actually believes this is possible.

OP’s posts: |
tatutata Mon 01-Feb-21 19:26:21

Seems like the dark ages never really left.

Doyoumind Mon 01-Feb-21 19:26:54

I'm not interested in EI or EI's narcissism but it does do a hell of a job of shining a light.

ClangingChimesofDoom Mon 01-Feb-21 19:27:50

He has male genetics as he is a man.

UrsulaVdL Mon 01-Feb-21 19:28:43

Yes it’s true, the X chromosome from his mother and the Y chromosome from his Dad.
Get with the Programme bitches😂

RadandMad Mon 01-Feb-21 19:28:46

Jesus Christ, to think I once thought Izzard was intelligent. Perhaps he's in the early stages of dementia.

chickadeeeeeeeee Mon 01-Feb-21 19:31:00

I used to enjoy listening to Eddie but last time I saw him thought wtf!

Boobs, long blonde hair, he used to say he loved the trappings of being female (long nails and heels) now he wants to be a women hmm

Talk about wanting it all sad

Advertisement

MichelleofzeResistance Mon 01-Feb-21 19:31:01

So we're all just making stuff up now?

I keep hearing that sketch he does about colonialists and the Death Star.

"It's Izzard, sir. Izzard's here."
"Good God man! Does Izzard want tea?"
"I don't know sir, but Izzard's brought a flag."

Yaniv did insist in a court room that Yaniv had both male and female genitalia. The judge thankfully managed to navigate the case away from having to work out the bridge between Yaniv's personal truth and the objective reality truth.

Nameitychangity Mon 01-Feb-21 19:31:32

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9210227/Eddie-Izzard-claims-contemplated-female-age-five-girl-boy-genetics.html

Sorry it's the Daily Fail, but Izzard does seem to have said this in the interview.

Doveyouknow Mon 01-Feb-21 19:32:49

Well I suppose Eddie has an X chromosome and a Y chromosome...

rosy71 Mon 01-Feb-21 19:34:54

Surely genetics means the study of genes. It cant be possible for anyone to have genetics, they have genes.

Also, i am by no means an expert, but surely men and women have pretty much the same genes - XX/XY are chromosones.

I'm also not sure why Eddie always refers to "boy and girl" when Eddie is 58.

Igneococcus Mon 01-Feb-21 19:35:16

And his mitochondrial DNA is originally from bacteria

Mumofgirlswholiketoplaywithmud Mon 01-Feb-21 19:36:53

Igneococcus

And his mitochondrial DNA is originally from bacteria

I was going to say inherited from Eddie's mother, but you went one level further up the chain!

Tempusfudgeit Mon 01-Feb-21 19:37:36

I just want to know how many other women run marathons in full make up.

Igneococcus Mon 01-Feb-21 19:38:28

I worked on very early evolution for the first ten years of my career mumofgirls smile

Mumofgirlswholiketoplaywithmud Mon 01-Feb-21 19:40:13

Their will be some cells that only have a singular x chromosome. Is that the "girl genetics"?

Interestingly, mother's often do have both XX and some XY chromosomes in them after having sons- they've found a few of your baby's chromosomes stay on in your body long after having a child (the same chromosomes which can tell you your baby's sex in a blood test in the first trimester). I'm not sure that these genes are active though, more like silent observers....

DragonBlu Mon 01-Feb-21 19:45:00

I was thinking maybe Eddie had been tested and found some intersex condition, but no, sounds like just talking about gender stereotypes.

BrassicaRabbit Mon 01-Feb-21 19:47:41

Wow that's such an interesting fact *mumofgirlswholiketoplaywithmud".

bluebluezoo Mon 01-Feb-21 19:55:36

Is Eddie a Chimera? It is possible to have some XX and some XY cells...rare, but possible.

Actually a study of transwomens genetics would make a nice masters or PhD for someone. See if there is any correlation of sex chromosome disorders with trans identity.

gardenbird48 Mon 01-Feb-21 20:03:07

Mumofgirlswholiketoplaywithmud

Their will be some cells that only have a singular x chromosome. Is that the "girl genetics"?

Interestingly, mother's often do have both XX and some XY chromosomes in them after having sons- they've found a few of your baby's chromosomes stay on in your body long after having a child (the same chromosomes which can tell you your baby's sex in a blood test in the first trimester). I'm not sure that these genes are active though, more like silent observers....

I remember finding out about chimerism (?) where the baby’s cells travel through the umbilical cord and remain in the mothers body and it blew my mind last year. Has Eddie’s worked the other way?

I get an ‘ouch’ feeling when my kids hurt themselves even if they’re only telling me about it - I wondered if that was the same.

iguanadonna Mon 01-Feb-21 20:04:58

The gender clinics used to do karyotype tests and other investigations to see if their clients had a higher rate of chromosomal abnormalities or intersex conditions. But they didn't. So they stopped testing, because intrusive and not useful. People don't identify as trans because there's anything unusual in their chromosomal make up.

bluebluezoo Mon 01-Feb-21 20:18:14

I remember finding out about chimerism (?) where the baby’s cells travel through the umbilical cord and remain in the mothers body and it blew my mind last year. Has Eddie’s worked the other way?

It can also result from two fertilised eggs fusing in utero. Or a transplant of some sort.

Nameitychangity Mon 01-Feb-21 20:24:16

Or maybe when you want something desperately badly enough, and if you wish hard enough and say your prayers, miracles CAN happen if your heart is pure?

EdgeOfACoin Mon 01-Feb-21 20:29:16

I don't think Izzard is well. I genuinely have concerns for Izzard.

Wrongsideofhistorymyarse Mon 01-Feb-21 20:35:31

hmm

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in