Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020 edition - can someone point me in the direction of...

(6 Posts)
MrsFogi Mon 25-Jan-21 18:35:48

I'm in a meeting at the moment and seem to recall that there were some helpful changes this year in relation to trans issues/lobby groups being able to influence in school. If so, can someone quickly point me in the right direction/tell me what they were. (One upside of online meetings is being able to ask questions on mn grin). I just want to make sure I highlight them to the meeting in a helpful question.

OP’s posts: |
Thingybob Mon 25-Jan-21 18:58:02

A quick article outlining the guidance that came out in Sept

www.theguardian.com/education/2020/sep/25/government-issues-gender-identity-guidance-for-teachers-in-england

Full guidance

www.gov.uk/guidance/plan-your-relationships-sex-and-health-curriculum

Hope that helps

Jintyfer Mon 25-Jan-21 18:58:10

Hey here is the direct link to the External Agencies section of the DfE guidelines

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/plan-your-relationships-sex-and-health-curriculum#using-external-agencies

I'll see if I can find anything else

Thingybob Mon 25-Jan-21 19:00:44

And another brief one from Safe Schools Alliance

safeschoolsallianceuk.net/2020/09/27/teaching-of-relationship-sex-education-in-schools/

MrsFogi Mon 25-Jan-21 19:01:39

Great thanks - I had misremembered it as being more the general rules rather than the guidance re RSHE but I will make sure I bring this up anyway. Never miss an opportunity to shine a bright light on the issue grin!

OP’s posts: |
ValancyRedfern Mon 25-Jan-21 20:20:04

Hope the meeting went well!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in