Talk

Advanced search

The Baroness and the Beeb

(28 Posts)
PopperUppleton Fri 15-Jan-21 13:30:59

The Baroness appears to have the Beeb in her sights (I've just received an email).

She usually posts these letters on Twitter if someone would be kind enough to link - I'm not on there.

OP’s posts: |
MsMarvellous Fri 15-Jan-21 13:46:44

I received her email too. Her letter is wonderful.

HecatesCats Fri 15-Jan-21 14:00:02

The Baroness has been busy this week. She's also written to Matt Hancock urging him to close the loophole that allows organisations like GenderGP to exploit a loophole in EEA prescription rules and dispense puberty blockers to vulnerable young people. Thank you Baroness.

yourhairiswinterfire Fri 15-Jan-21 14:08:21

HecatesCats

The Baroness has been busy this week. She's also written to Matt Hancock urging him to close the loophole that allows organisations like GenderGP to exploit a loophole in EEA prescription rules and dispense puberty blockers to vulnerable young people. Thank you Baroness.

That's a great letter. I love how she actually offers the solution too, to lessen the chance of getting brushed off with 'there's nothing we can do about it'.

And if they do brush her off, they have to answer why they think it's acceptable for children to get drugs in this way.

OldCrone Fri 15-Jan-21 14:37:07

And if they do brush her off, they have to answer why they think it's acceptable for children to get drugs in this way.

Meanwhile the BBC is pushing the idea of buying hormone treatment online.

"In the UK, many young trans people are taking matters into their own hands, getting unregulated hormones online and starting their transitions themselves."

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p093wyx7

Thread:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/4136073-BBC-3-DIY-Trans-Teens

This programme is presented by a transgender person, Charlie Craggs, and shown on BBC3 which has a young target audience, so it's unlikely to be critical of genderism.

"Charlie meets a doctor who has been suspended in relation to her work with trans patients"

So the BBC thinks it's appropriate to give airtime to a suspended doctor who also has a criminal record for her illegal activities related to her unlicenced clinic. Again, it seems unlikely that the programme will be critical of her.

HecatesCats Fri 15-Jan-21 14:40:49

The letters aren't on Twitter. I've taken screen grabs (not sure how good the quality will be). Will share over a few posts.

HecatesCats Fri 15-Jan-21 14:41:32

Post 2/4

HecatesCats Fri 15-Jan-21 14:42:04

Post 3/4

HecatesCats Fri 15-Jan-21 14:42:34

Post 4/4

HecatesCats Fri 15-Jan-21 14:47:38

Here's the letter to the BBC.
Post 1/4

HecatesCats Fri 15-Jan-21 14:48:13

Post 2/4

HecatesCats Fri 15-Jan-21 14:48:43

Post 3/4

HecatesCats Fri 15-Jan-21 14:49:28

Post 4/4

Ereshkigalangcleg Fri 15-Jan-21 14:51:06

She is a force to be reckoned with! thanks

PopperUppleton Fri 15-Jan-21 15:00:14

Thanks Hecates

OP’s posts: |
JoodyBlue Fri 15-Jan-21 15:00:37

I am so grateful that she is there using her influence and good sense to support young people. She is a force for good! At least to support enabling young people to reach adulthood before making a decision to harm healthy bodies irreversibly and committing to a life time of hospital visits and painful injections, nobody wins in this scenario but the drugs manufacturers. flowers

nancywhisky Fri 15-Jan-21 16:11:04

Ereshkigalangcleg

She is a force to be reckoned with! thanks

Absolutely.
Don't Mess with the Baroness.

ArabellaScott Fri 15-Jan-21 16:12:11

She's just amazing, honestly. Vim, experience, intelligence, pragmatism. Long live the Baroness.

Melroses Fri 15-Jan-21 18:41:57

Brilliant. Love her.

I can't believe anyone at the BBC thought that programme was a good idea. Are there no grown ups running the place.

OhHolyJesus Fri 15-Jan-21 18:45:53

Don't Mess with the Baroness.

That should be on a t shirt. grin

persistentwoman Fri 15-Jan-21 19:21:44

The Baroness is on fire. smile

Wandawomble Fri 15-Jan-21 19:41:40

🌸Don’t mess with the Baroness!🌸
BirdyRose needs to get it done as a design!

JKRismyPatronus Sat 16-Jan-21 12:47:16

I would buy a BirdyRose t-shirt with that design.

littlbrowndog Sat 16-Jan-21 12:54:36

Great work from the baroness. She really cares for children.

gardenbird48 Sat 16-Jan-21 21:34:36

The Baroness is a complete star. I saw that MP John Nicolson and a certain top ‘fan’ of mumsnet were making some rather derogatory comments about her ‘abusing’ her position in the HoL and that she shouldn’t be ‘using her professional platform to further her personal views’ - totally ignoring the fact that her intervention has come about through hearing the desperation of a large group of women.

She has so many amazing projects on the go - she is an absolute inspiration!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in