Talk

Advanced search

Keira Bell's JR - judgement on December 1st.

(40 Posts)
OhHolyJesus Wed 25-Nov-20 18:32:09

Pass it on.

That is all.

OP’s posts: |
ThatIsNotMyUsername Wed 25-Nov-20 18:35:40

Isn’t that sooner that we thought? Go Keira!

HecatesCats Wed 25-Nov-20 18:46:36

🙏🏼

ChattyLion Wed 25-Nov-20 18:49:39

🙏

SmallPug Wed 25-Nov-20 19:01:38

Is earlier than we thought a good thing?

NonnyMouse1337 Wed 25-Nov-20 19:05:47

Oh gosh... That was quick. Fingers and toes crossed. 😰

Impatiens Wed 25-Nov-20 19:05:53

When was it expected, if this is early?

Thingybob Wed 25-Nov-20 20:03:53

Thank you OP so only a few more days.

CaveMum Wed 25-Nov-20 20:07:01

Keeping everything crossed!

BettyDuKeiraBellisMyShero Wed 25-Nov-20 20:35:34

Eeeek!

Whatever the judgment, Keira is a shero for doing everything in her power to bring more sunlight to the issue and to try and prevent other adolescent girls and young women from stepping onto a pathway that leads to irreversible damage.

MaudTheInvincible Wed 25-Nov-20 20:39:49

Thank you OP for letting us know.

Whatwouldscullydo Wed 25-Nov-20 20:43:48

Thanks for letting us know.

And yes, whatever happens, nothing can take away how incredible keira is. As the mother of 2 dds, I cant thank everyone involved enough.

ArabellaScott Wed 25-Nov-20 20:49:14

That was very fast. Thoughts are with you, Keira.

PaleBlueMoonlight Wed 25-Nov-20 20:57:30

Gosh. Heart in mouth.

highame Thu 26-Nov-20 08:41:43

Am sure it was about 6 weeks from the hearing, so I think it's about right. Was thinking about this yesterday.

highame Mon 21-Dec-20 08:29:15

Isn't the deadline for the Tavistock appeal tomorrow. Anyone have an update?

OhHolyJesus Mon 21-Dec-20 08:31:57

The Court of Appeal deadline? Yes it is tomorrow I believe.

OP’s posts: |
donquixotedelamancha Mon 21-Dec-20 08:56:36

Would they really want to appeal?

Surely it would require evidence that PBs are efficatious at treating GD enough to warrant the risks? At the moment we only have evidence of short term effectiveness (not efficacy and not long term) and the evidence on risk is poor.

That's not the kind of thing you can magic up overnight. It would seem mad to squander money on a quixotic appeal when the review conclusions can be amended if evidence appears in future.

Ereshkigalangcleg Mon 21-Dec-20 11:41:11

There must be huge pressure on them to appeal, but surely it could do them even more damage?

nauticant Mon 21-Dec-20 11:44:54

It depends on whether they want to try to win or would prefer to lose but be seen to have fought hard. I suspect that at least some in the gender clinics would see the latter as getting themselves out of an impossible corner.

Winesalot Mon 21-Dec-20 11:48:14

I am looking forward to seeing the appeal actually. Because if the standard of the research that they published directly after the court sessions closed is the best they have, they still have nothing. And the WPATH have done some jiggery wottery in renaming their 'standard' as 'guidelines'. Somewhat of a demotion....

I'd love to see some new data that can be robustly reviewed and replicated.

yourhairiswinterfire Mon 21-Dec-20 11:54:26

I'd rather they spent more money actually researching, collecting decent data, tracking outcomes, and providing decent mental health care to children, rather than waste thousands trying to reverse a judgement that told them they're experimenting on children and taking consent from them when it wasn't at all appropriate. But they seem rather arrogant, so I expect they'll go with the latter.

Winesalot Mon 21-Dec-20 11:59:05

I would be great to hear that each and every child or teen on their list (including waiting list) got the benefit of that wonderful crowdfunder to have some intense mental health care (rather than one zoom session with some discredited clinic). Wouldn't all that money go a way to subsidise those who cannot afford private mental health care of the unbiased kind?

Abitofalark Mon 21-Dec-20 12:13:56

It's an application for leave to appeal. The Court of Appeal will give a decision on that tomorrow.

Abitofalark Mon 21-Dec-20 12:54:22

Correction: Just looked at the Court Order made on 1 December and tomorrow at 4pm is the deadline for them to put in their application for leave to appeal. It doesn't say the Court will give a decision on the application tomorrow.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in