Talk

Advanced search

Dove 'Pro Aging' skincare range

(7 Posts)
FusionChefGeoff Mon 26-Oct-20 21:57:43

Just seen a very cool ad - body care range for mature skin called Pro Aging with a tagline "there's nothing Anti about aging"

Like!!

OP’s posts: |
Italiangreyhound Mon 26-Oct-20 22:10:04

Yes I liked it too.

FusionChefGeoff Mon 26-Oct-20 22:29:58

I might be a million years behind on this as I very rarely watch live TV so haven't seen ads for ages!

OP’s posts: |
Italiangreyhound Tue 27-Oct-20 00:38:04

My first ever post on here was about a Dive advert!

MisfitRightIn Tue 27-Oct-20 02:54:39

I haven’t been a fan of Dove, since the campaign telling women to love their armpits. It seemed like they were creating a whole new issue for women to feel bad about, the skin in our armpits wasn’t good enough, and they were our saviours with their products to “beautify underarms”

My underarms are just fine, thanks Dove, but way to go with making up new problems for women and girls.

Maybe I’ll take another look at them. Maybe

Italiangreyhound Tue 27-Oct-20 12:43:06

I think Dove want to position themselves as kind of an alternative to beauty products which push the anti aging and the body beautiful. Which I can get behind but they are also a big corporation doing not always good things!

These are old but may be interesting...

This is the film Dove made which is really good about the beauty onslaught faced by young girls.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei6JvK0W60I

However Dove uses palm oil and this is the palm oil film which contains some disturbing images.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odI7pQFyjso]

SittingAround1 Tue 27-Oct-20 20:34:06

It should be ageing not aging.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in