Talk

Advanced search

If your partner posted this on Facebook?

(131 Posts)
HaventCriedThisMuchForYears Wed 21-Oct-20 13:31:28

This

OP’s posts: |
Thermo Wed 21-Oct-20 13:32:17

I’d assume he was a teenager

HaventCriedThisMuchForYears Wed 21-Oct-20 13:32:49

These are the comments, not his

HaventCriedThisMuchForYears Wed 21-Oct-20 13:34:05

No fully grown adult.

Do men honestly think this is ok on a public forum?

OperationallySound Wed 21-Oct-20 13:34:13

Is he 14?

HaventCriedThisMuchForYears Wed 21-Oct-20 13:34:59

Here’s another one from the same Facebook group

TobblyBobbly Wed 21-Oct-20 13:35:59

Well I'd be a bit surprised as it would be completely out of character for him!

I guess what I'm saying is - posting this is fairly harmless in itself, but someone who finds this sort of thing funny probably isn't a person I'd like to be in a relationship with. So it would be ok as a one off but if it's a regular occurrence I might be re thinking things.

PlanDeRaccordement Wed 21-Oct-20 13:36:27

I’d be worried his employer (past, present and future) would see it if public FB. It’s very teenage laddish behaviour not at all mature. Also not even funny....

LaBellina Wed 21-Oct-20 13:36:42

I would start to think our sense of humor does not match and it very probably never will.

HaventCriedThisMuchForYears Wed 21-Oct-20 13:38:23

He’s always posting stupid stuff on Facebook but this one is totally offensive as are some of the other posts within the group.

TBH I’m quite shocked that groups like this even exist

Clymene Wed 21-Oct-20 13:38:52

I'd think he was 14 or of exceptionally limited intelligence

ColleagueFromMars Wed 21-Oct-20 13:39:54

Welcome to the internet, a place for all envy (not envy).

TobblyBobbly Wed 21-Oct-20 13:40:16

How about IRL - does he make misogynistic 'jokes' or show a lack of respect for the women in his life?

JemimaTiggywinkle Wed 21-Oct-20 13:40:29

I would think that he is my soon to be ex-partner.

ShowOfHands Wed 21-Oct-20 13:40:49

I'd assume he'd been hacked.

ColleagueFromMars Wed 21-Oct-20 13:40:50

No I wouldn't be happy about my partner posting that, nor would I be happy that he has mates who can comment on it like that. But your partner's mysogyny surely isn't news to you is it?

VioletSunset Wed 21-Oct-20 13:41:19

urgh. How lovely 🙄

Flaunch Wed 21-Oct-20 13:42:01

I’d assume mine had been hacked too. So not his style.

DeliciouslyFemale Wed 21-Oct-20 13:42:07

My late husband blocked a couple of workmates that posted shit like that, but he wasn’t a misogynistic knuckle dragger.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 21-Oct-20 13:42:46

LaBellina

I would start to think our sense of humor does not match and it very probably never will.

This is more than having a different sense of humour - it betrays an utter disrespect for women.
Not finding this sort of thing funny is evidence of having a good sense of humour - one which can differentiate between things that are genuinely amusing and things that aren't.

LightDrizzle Wed 21-Oct-20 13:44:24

Bill Tomlinson is a simpleton.
I’d be disappointed and tell him to delete it. How old is he? I could see some of our much older wider friendship group posting this. They were raised on Dick Emery and Benny Hill and it sometimes shows through. They aren’t actually hideous creeps though, just very pedestrian older men grasping after laddish banter and getting it wrong. The rest of us would respond with eye roll emojis and well deserved abuse.

MiddleClassMother Wed 21-Oct-20 13:44:51

My DH wouldn't ever post something like that, if he did and showed other misogynistic behaviour i'd be putting our marriage under a serious review. It wouldn't bother me too much though unless there was other red flags (disrespect to women IRL)

OperationallySound Wed 21-Oct-20 13:46:21

LightDrizzle

Bill Tomlinson is a simpleton.
I’d be disappointed and tell him to delete it. How old is he? I could see some of our much older wider friendship group posting this. They were raised on Dick Emery and Benny Hill and it sometimes shows through. They aren’t actually hideous creeps though, just very pedestrian older men grasping after laddish banter and getting it wrong. The rest of us would respond with eye roll emojis and well deserved abuse.

Sexism isn't ok but ageism is then presumably?

dudsville Wed 21-Oct-20 13:47:30

Not all young men or adolescent boys do this, but some that do manage to learn and mature out of this behaviour. For an adult man to do this is an act of hate.

LaBellina Wed 21-Oct-20 13:51:25

@ErrolTheDragon

What I posted was an understatement with a very cynical undertone - my idea of humor IRL. I agree with you that it's sexist hence why it's not my sense of humor. I would wonder if making sexist comments or jokes on me would be next on his list actually.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in