Talk

Advanced search

Inventing Transgender Children book

(7 Posts)
EdgeOfACoin Sat 10-Oct-20 07:36:19

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1527536386/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_8tvGFb5B7GW2Z?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

The price tag puts me off (£76!)

However, has anyone read it? Does it get down into the weeds of the different scientific theories about transgenderism?

OP’s posts: |
nettie434 Sat 10-Oct-20 09:12:45

Not read it but I see the kindle edition is £9.99. The list of contributors looks interesting.

PopperUppleton Sat 10-Oct-20 10:40:44

I've downloaded it to my kindle but have only read a few pages. It's very serious, but then it's a very serious subject.

I get quite upset and very cross about the whole 'born in the wrong body' narrative - it's hard enough being a teenage girl without yet another layer of 'you're not good enough' rhetoric, so I need to be in a good frame of mind to read more. I'm so pleased the authors got it published, more sunlight needs to be shone on this ideology.

SisterWendyBuckett Sat 10-Oct-20 11:07:16

I pre-ordered and read it on publication. I got a discount for ordering in advance.

It's a brilliant book - absolutely amazing. It covers all the issues and reveals everything.

Part 1 deals with the subject from a clinical perspective - extremely revealing and useful, as clinicians who don't follow the affirmation pathway have been so silenced on this.

Part 2 deals with cultural perspectives. Detransitioners, schools, media, society.

For me it's been worth every penny - but I've got skin in the game big time.

Honestly - this book has helped keep me sane and grounded to reality. It's like finding a well full of clear water when you've been wandering in the desert.

Ereshkigalangcleg Sat 10-Oct-20 11:15:06

I might get the Kindle version, if it's £9.99

JKRowlingforever Sun 11-Oct-20 00:08:09

Could I ask you @Ereshkigalangcleg what happened to ereshkigal? And what happened to langcleg? And is there another platform where I can find them?

Ereshkigalangcleg Sun 11-Oct-20 00:12:48

I am still Ereshkigal, the namechange is my tribute to Lang. Lang is active on Spinster, I believe.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in