Talk

Advanced search

Topless outdoors?

(4 Posts)
Dorobie Sun 20-Sep-20 19:27:01

I ended up at a lake today and only the kids had their wetsuits. I didn’t have any swim kit but really wanted to go in as I love it... and the weather was amazing!! I didn’t want to get my bra or t shirt wet so stripped off to my underpants and went in like that. Topless. My husband wasn’t bothered and we were in a secluded area, but there were people around.. such as in the next bay or on the lake paddling past in boats.

At 1st I felt a little insecure, but after a while I thought you know what... sod it! If a bloke can walk down the high street on a hot summer’s day with his beer belly hanging out (although I’d rather not see any torso - beer belly or not on the high street!) then why can’t I?

Does anyone else think like this or do this? Within the UK? I hate that it’s such a taboo!

OP’s posts: |
nosswith Sat 26-Sep-20 14:56:54

You would not be in a lake or river today!

I think the possibility of being photographed puts many women off.

Goosefoot Sat 26-Sep-20 21:53:29

I would do it in a place where it was the thing, but not likely where it wasn't. I don't think it's entirely fair to shock people unexpectedly.

If I thought no one would see me I'd probably go for it, of course accidents do happen but in those cases I think it is a matter of everyone being understanding. An aunt of mine had an experience like that sunbathing behind her house which backed on a river. That day, of all days, a fisherman came wading up the river!

VickySunshine Sat 26-Sep-20 22:02:59

If it was secluded with nobody around then yes, absolutely but I'd be too self conscious with other people bimbling about.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in