Talk

Advanced search

Quora

(6 Posts)
Collidascope Wed 16-Sep-20 14:30:45

I know it's a fairly niche platform, but is there anyone gender critical on there?
I just went on for the first time in ages and the endless questions about JKR'S transphobia, and the earnest replies about how disappointing and awful she is are nauseating. People I follow(ed) who are reasonably knowledgeable saying "there's nothing worse than TERFs."
At least on Twitter, there's some dissent.

OP’s posts: |
Dreeple Wed 16-Sep-20 19:33:45

All I see on Quora is the latter unpleasantness with Germany and its aligned powers, being re-enacted on keyboards.

Wanderingstars4238 Thu 17-Sep-20 03:56:03

The internet's full of socially inept men who constantly push others away with their annoying behavioral traits. They've got all the time in the world to express their rage online and they're really abusing the privilege.

Wanderingstars4238 Thu 17-Sep-20 04:03:09

I guess it's not just men, though, is it? A lot of feminists who've been brainwashed are acting the same way. It's so bizarre. It's bad enough they believe such stuff, but the hate directed at other women who aren't on board baffles me completely. It feels like the twilight zone.
I'm realizing I don't have the people reading skills I thought I did. Apparently I don't understand people at all.

Delphinium20 Thu 17-Sep-20 05:03:16

I'm so happy someone else noticed this too! I recently unsubscribed from Quora as it was unapologetically gender woo woo. Quora has its own nonsense of right wing crazies and men sad there are no "modest women these days," but the feminists are just gone from the site.

Collidascope Thu 17-Sep-20 07:24:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in