Talk

Advanced search

FiLiA 2021

(14 Posts)
witchesaremysisters Sun 13-Sep-20 09:30:46

So sadly the conference this year got postponed, but I hear tickets are now on sale for next year!

16TH - 17TH OCTOBER 2021 | PORTSMOUTH GUILDHALL

filia.org.uk/about-the-conference

I'm just gonna carry over my ticket from this year. Very much looking forward to it and seeing MNetters again!! Could really use a feminist party right about now.

OP’s posts: |
FannyCann Sun 13-Sep-20 09:36:40

I was SO looking forward to my first ever trip to Filia.
Obviously 2020 has been the year of cancelled plans, and I do understand that is the least of many people's problems.

Anyway Filia 2021 ! Can't wait.

I can't remember - did they issue refunds or automatic carry over to next year?

FannyCann Sun 13-Sep-20 09:41:23

Have found the relevant section in the email. I would have been happy for my ticket to have become a donation so I will check the details and buy a solidarity ticket if mine has already been carried over.

FiLiA is sad to announce that we will be postponing this year's conference to 2021. We have made the difficult decision after taking into account uncertainty around whether we will be able to gather in such large numbers by October, and after speaking with many of those involved, including venue management and attendees (particularly older and disabled Women as well as those affected by increased poverty). Tickets (including Solidarity Tickets) already purchased will be carried over to 2021, with the option for a refund where requested.

FeedTheSparrows Sun 13-Sep-20 14:57:35

I know they were gutted to have to cancel but I think with the Covid it was always going to have to be pulled this year. Last year's was my first and it was just brilliant. Looking forward to 2021!

witchesaremysisters Mon 14-Sep-20 22:42:09

smile
It is a bit weird to think it's a whole other year away instead of just a couple of weeks. But I hope we'll be able to wave at each other FannyCann and FeedTheSparrows!

Been reading Dr Em's blog on Holbeck, which is so powerful. Also depressing:
filia.org.uk/news/2020/9/8/holbeck-a-case-study-of-hell

FiLiALMT Wed 23-Sep-20 11:20:40

Hi,

We've just started a local FiLiA Feminist book group in Portsmouth where the FiLiA2021 conference is going to be held.

I wonder if Mumsnet is the place to find Portsmouth Women who might be interested?

Just joined Mumsnet, and finding my way around; so impressed by the Feminism going on here!

Sisterhood and Solidarity!

FiLiALMT

SophocIestheFox Wed 23-Sep-20 11:23:24

Welcome, FiliaLMT!

Not in Portsmouth myself, but hopefully you will find some locals here.

purpleboy Wed 23-Sep-20 11:32:43

Hi @FiLiALMT I'm in Southampton and desperately trying to find a feminist group that doesn't Centre males. I'll certainly be up for joining you.

witchesaremysisters Wed 23-Sep-20 11:41:59

Welcome FiLiALMT!
And thank you to FiLiA for a brilliant statement on the GRA announcement:
filia.org.uk/resources/2020/9/22/filia-statement-on-governments-commitment-to-protect-sex-based-rights

FiLiALMT Wed 23-Sep-20 11:49:47

I'm going to have to learn how to use Mumsnet messages properly over the weekend! For now ...

- thank you @SophocIestheFox
- email us @purpleboy and we will send you details
- thank you, I'll pass your message on to the team @witchesaremysisters

purpleboy Wed 23-Sep-20 12:46:01

Where can I email you?

FiLiALMT Wed 23-Sep-20 13:23:21

I tried putting the email address, but it kept reverting to my user handle (hence me needing to learn how to use the platform!)

Will try again :-)

info@filia.org.uk

risefromyourgrave Wed 23-Sep-20 14:08:16

I’m in Portsmouth and will email you @FiLiALMT.

FiLiALMT Wed 23-Sep-20 17:21:59

Great! Look forward to it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in