Talk

Advanced search

First it was the trains...

(21 Posts)
applepineapple Fri 28-Aug-20 20:22:47

... now Royal Mail are getting on the rainbow vehicle bandwagon. Are these vans just for LGBT post? How do they know which letters identify as LGBT? Do they get priority delivery? Should I be identifying as LGBT to get a higher standard of service? grin

OP’s posts: |
SirSamuelVimesBlackboardMonito Fri 28-Aug-20 20:34:43

Oh ffs.

Deliriumoftheendless Fri 28-Aug-20 21:05:13

I think the post office and Royal Mail are separate things, aren’t they?

ArabellaScott Fri 28-Aug-20 21:13:52

Oh fffs, indeed.

applepineapple Fri 28-Aug-20 22:07:59

Deliriumoftheendless

I think the post office and Royal Mail are separate things, aren’t they?

You're right, got myself confused! Still, not sure why PO have to align themselves with the rainbow

OP’s posts: |
OhHolyJesus Fri 28-Aug-20 22:33:34

I hope they do support the LGBT community...by delivering their letters confused so they would support them in pretty much anyone who...gets letters?

You have to wonder who is going to be shouting loudest about how they support the LGBT community and what they might find to put a rainbow on.

SerenityNowwwww Sat 29-Aug-20 14:56:23

The ones near us are green! Electric and painted green. 😊 not 🤢

nosswith Sat 29-Aug-20 16:16:15

A reliable postal service is the best way they can support the LGBT community. LGBT people are more likely I expect to encounter hostility when shopping for some services, and so making online shopping easier by a reliable postal service is the best thing they can do.

Having collection points that are not out of the way would help all those, LGBT or not.

ThousandsAreSailing Sat 29-Aug-20 16:20:44

What a waste of money

Melroses Sat 29-Aug-20 17:28:50

The post office twitter account has to be seen to be believed at times.

Is there a franchise/charity with a new line in rainbow painting of vehicles?

SirSamuelVimesBlackboardMonito Sat 29-Aug-20 20:28:38

If my parcel identifies as a postcard can I send it for the price of a first class stamp?

WaverleyStation Sat 29-Aug-20 20:34:25

Someone is making a fortune painting these vehicles. Maybe it's not Stonewall who are lobbying for organisations to paint in rainbow? Maybe it's some paint company who are trying to do their best during these troubled times?

Gingerkittykat Sat 29-Aug-20 20:42:09

I'm assuming they will also be painting a van for International Woman's Day........

Lockdownseperation Sat 29-Aug-20 20:44:26

When they say follow us does that mean literally. I always wanted to jump into a taxi and say follow that car/van.

Melroses Sat 29-Aug-20 20:47:44

There is a lot of vehicle painting going on in the US too.

I don't think IWD is sufficiently monetised.

Perhaps Standing for Women need to set up a van painting franchise?

SirSamuelVimesBlackboardMonito Sat 29-Aug-20 20:47:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

StealthPolarBear Sat 29-Aug-20 20:52:40

SirSamuelVimesBlackboardMonito

If my parcel identifies as a postcard can I send it for the price of a first class stamp?

grin

FemaleAndLearning Sat 29-Aug-20 20:54:15

SurSamuel If my parcel identifies as a postcard can I send it for the price of a first class stamp?
smile

Cattiwampus Sat 29-Aug-20 20:55:55

Well, we’ve stopped supporting the NHS, and there were people on here distressed at the rainbow not being for LGBT+++ exclusively.
Maybe it’s a bold move to Reclaim the Rainbow.

IDanielRadcliffe Sat 29-Aug-20 20:58:20

Maybe they could “support” their own workers first and not try to send them to prison? Feel that maybe should be a priority.

Melroses Sat 29-Aug-20 21:27:40

IDanielRadcliffe

Maybe they could “support” their own workers first and not try to send them to prison? Feel that maybe should be a priority.

Yep.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in