Talk

Advanced search

Audrie and Daisy

(7 Posts)
justanotherneighinparadise Thu 06-Aug-20 09:36:49

God this story has made my cry this morning. Both girls have now ended their lives. Has anyone watched the Netflix film? I don’t have Newtflix but I’m wondering if I can watch it somewhere else.

OP’s posts: |
justanotherneighinparadise Thu 06-Aug-20 09:37:54

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-53673192

loopsdefruit Thu 06-Aug-20 09:43:13

It's just so incredibly sad sad and it's a Netflix original so you do need to have Netflix to watch it (legally) although you may be able to find it uploaded elsewhere (pirated). You could sign up for the netflix free trial if that's all you wanted to watch?

justanotherneighinparadise Thu 06-Aug-20 09:52:39

I just can’t believe the injustice here. It seemed to me reading the story that it was patriarchy in action hence why I posted on the Feminist board. How utterly disgusting that both these young girls are now dead. It reminds me so much of the story of Dr Ella Hill where she is still suffering trial by social media. It sickens me.

Gobb Thu 06-Aug-20 10:09:34

It seems so unfair that those girls are all over the internet but the rapists get their identity hidden. They should be the ones hounded and tormented if anyone is.

I didn't watch the movie. I couldn't handle it. Too sad.

frazzledmomof3 Thu 06-Aug-20 10:56:33

I just watched this morning after seeing an article on the daily mail. I'm so sad for those girls and their families. That sherriff ought to be struck off. His attitude tiwsrds Daisy was vile

What kind of mothers raise sons like these?

Trailing1 Thu 06-Aug-20 16:30:14

I only heard about this awful story yesterday, what those girls went through is truly a disgrace.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in