Talk

Advanced search

Page 2 | Shall we all self id as men?

(144 Posts)
PamDenick Tue 28-Jul-20 21:57:34

If all the craziness continues, why don’t we all self ID as men? We don’t have to DO anything. We can dress how we want, be brave and beautiful, join the Masons (whoopee) and this would expose the madness for what it is...

OP’s posts: |
Timeforabiscuit Tue 28-Jul-20 22:22:37

Could I also drone endlessly on about a subject I know fuck all about, especially if the person I'm talking to is a subject matter expert?

PamDenick Tue 28-Jul-20 22:24:13

French healthcare workers just negotiated a decent pay rise.

PamDenick Tue 28-Jul-20 22:24:50

biscuit. Best one yet!

PamDenick Tue 28-Jul-20 22:28:47

Glad that no one has mentioned any physiological/physical differences or, you know anything routed in actual <checked notes> science, as that would not be necessary for self id.

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Tue 28-Jul-20 22:34:58

Muttonindistress

You know, in all seriousness, I'd be tempted if they bring in self I'd. It would serve the government right if loads of women did it. I'm quite stereotypically feminine, but I could just say I'm a man who likes wearing dresses and make-up, couldn't I? I don't know how my husband would feel about being in a same sex marriage though. 😄

He should be happy and proud to be with someone as Brave and Stunning as you, @Muttonindistress.

I quite like the idea of being a man who wears skirts all the time, and likes knitting, crochet and embroidery.

SansaClegane Tue 28-Jul-20 22:37:20

I already buy men's razors, because they're sharper and cheaper...
And my favourite colour is blue...
And I like rugby...
does this... does this mean I'm already a man?? shock

PamDenick Tue 28-Jul-20 22:39:39

I wouldn’t change one jot about my appearance. In fact, I really find it hard to find trousers to fit, so pretty much constantly wear dresses, but o would still be prepared to self id as a man in order to expose the emperors new clothes.

scotsheather Tue 28-Jul-20 22:48:41

And use the mens changing rooms. At least it will be those who respect female boundaries.

MiladyRenata Tue 28-Jul-20 22:51:43

Yeah but the right to wear dresses is so awesome, why would anyone give that up by identifying as male?

They are pretty much the most comfortable garment invented by humanity; basically a T-shirt (or blouse) that goes down to your ankles. Job done. No trousers needed, no need to worry about matching colours.

Since I transitioned, I basically wear them all the time, because I can.

PamDenick Tue 28-Jul-20 22:54:39

Sansa this means you have always BEEN an actual man and are trapped in the wrong body. You definitely should ID as a man, but you don’t need any hormones or surgery to adapt your body.

SisyphusAndTheRockOfUntidiness Tue 28-Jul-20 22:57:40

I already do all of this. Apart from peeing on the loo seat / floor (because I'm a gentleman, not a bloke - DH doesn't do this either) & droning one & on about crap for hours (because I'm usually just too busy doing stuff. To be fair, so is DH).

I don't like rugby though. DH does.
But I am much better at DIY. I would be the one wielding the power tools... he can break things by looking at them!

Perhaps I will tell my woke, Drunk The Kool-Aid DH that he is now in a gay relationship.
<rubs hands>

Porridgeoat Tue 28-Jul-20 23:02:29

Please can I mansplain? I’d need a lesson or two first but could find it fun

mosquitofeast Tue 28-Jul-20 23:05:54

we could identify as men who identify as women who identify as men

MiladyRenata Tue 28-Jul-20 23:07:20

Now you are really confusing me....

PamDenick Tue 28-Jul-20 23:08:30

And Sisypus your DH will just have to accept you as your beautiful, brave self...

highame Tue 28-Jul-20 23:10:28

Instead of a bikini wax, it would be a back and crack

CountessFrog Tue 28-Jul-20 23:11:37

I could go on the boys weekend with my husband and his mates rather than suffering the ‘girls’ weekend’ which I’m subjected to instead.

And fart in their company.

IAintentDead Tue 28-Jul-20 23:14:08

@MiladyRenata
you can wear a dress and identify as male or female
you can wear a dress and be man (adult male human) or woman (adult female human)

Nothing about your sex dictates what clothes you wear.

highame Tue 28-Jul-20 23:16:10

No more coffee mornings 👏👏👏

Igmum Tue 28-Jul-20 23:16:11

Oooh mansplaining - yes please - and that lovely 20% pay rise we're all going to get for our fine manliness at work. Can't wait grin

nancybotwinbloom Tue 28-Jul-20 23:16:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

peekaboob Tue 28-Jul-20 23:16:50

So I could reverse into a parking space without another man standing there guiding me in? I'm all up for that!

highame Tue 28-Jul-20 23:17:01

Don't do them, so I don't know why that popped into my head. Must be tired

peekaboob Tue 28-Jul-20 23:17:55

Hang on though..... who will the school phone if I'm in a two man relationship?!?!

dreamboatquickfuck Tue 28-Jul-20 23:19:00

@peekaboob 😂😂😂

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in