Talk

Advanced search

MP of the year, 2020

(10 Posts)
BaronessSnippyPantsofCroneArmy Tue 14-Jul-20 14:59:23

"Each year MPs across the country work closely with disadvantaged and underrepresented communities, ensuring they are supported.

The winners of these awards are selected by an independent panel of judges, based on their contribution to representing underrepresented communities, but we need you to help us identify those that should be recognised first.

Nominations close at midnight on 19th July 2020."

I know one MP who has stood up for an unrepresented community; I'm nominating Jackie Doyle-Price for standing up for women and girls!
I very much doubt she will be 'allowed' to win, but I'm nominating her anyway.

patchworkfoundation.org.uk/our-work/mp-of-the-year-awards/nominate-an-mp/

OP’s posts: |
MoleSmokes Tue 14-Jul-20 15:14:03

I know it has been linked before but you can't really link it too often! smile

Jackie Doyle-Price interviewed by Kellie-Jay Keen aka Posie Parker

Jackie Doyle-Price MP - Standing For Women
10 July 2020
youtu.be/R56lL7stVaE

Cuntysnark Tue 14-Jul-20 15:14:29

Yup me too.

nauticant Tue 14-Jul-20 15:22:57

I'll be nominating Jackie Doyle-Price too.

wellbehavedwomen Tue 14-Jul-20 15:37:21

They'll never accept it. They have KPMG sponsoring it - this will be all about how woke and shiny and inclusive they are. If they award it to a group who are genuinely pushing back against power - and when Google are funding the other side? You are pushing back against power - then they'll take a risk, and that is the last thing they'll do. This isn't about real inclusion. It's about window dressing.

JamieLeeCurtains Tue 14-Jul-20 15:41:00

Yes I agree. I'm also a massive admirer of Joanna Cherry.

sultanasofa Wed 15-Jul-20 06:46:54

Done. I've also nominated Jackie Doyle-Price.

SirSamuelVimesBlackboardMonito Wed 15-Jul-20 06:54:37

I've nominated Jackie Doyle-Price. I know they won't let her win but wouldn't it be amazing if she had hundreds of nominations.

risefromyourgrave Wed 15-Jul-20 07:48:10

Just nominated Jackie Doyle-Price.

Needmoresleep Wed 15-Jul-20 07:58:18

Worth remembering that she came into this via a role as a Health Minister, with responsibility for mental health. And thus an awareness of the massive increase in girls wanting to transition and the links between ROGD and autism.

I don’t know her but she sounds like a woman properly concerned about the welfare of vulnerable children. Let’s hope those giving the awards feel the same.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in