Talk

Advanced search

This is what needs to happen

(5 Posts)
fascinated Fri 03-Jul-20 18:34:08

Ok, ok, I know it might just companies jumping on bandwagons etc etc but watch it to the end (or ff to about 4/5 of the way thru).

I won’t say why as it’s a spoiler but let’s just say, I was braced for disappointment and then I wasn’t quite as disappointed as I thought it would be....

What say you?

My view = It’s not our issue...they need to sort it out themselves

www.youtube.com/watch?v=etIqln7vT4w&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2t3Uz-5JmVpyhyvb1q6ozzbRDmvJxHjhi0sUCMr5tb-XvtXsaBSPWyzzQ

OP’s posts: |
fascinated Fri 03-Jul-20 18:34:50

Disclaimer = I’m not saying it’s brilliant, I’m just highlighting it

notyourhandmaid Fri 03-Jul-20 19:37:22

Context for anyone wondering, as I think the OP's posts are pretty vague and I went and clicked on the thing: this is an ad from three years ago for Heineken. Several topics, including feminism and transgender identity, are brought up; the idea is that people 'engage' and talk through their 'differences' over a beer.

fascinated Fri 03-Jul-20 21:10:47

Sorry, is it from 3 years ago?

I didn’t realise that. All I meant was that men need to discuss these topics among themselves. I initially thought that the pro trans rights character was female, and was slightly disappointed, but it turns out to be a male. So the ad has two men discussing it, rather than a woman putting the pro trans argument.

WomaninBoots Fri 03-Jul-20 21:32:57

My first reaction to the "men need to sort it out" comment is... they already have. They've collectively decided to remove women's rights and freedoms to make way for transwomen to have seperate spaces from men. They are happy with this arrangement.

I know what you mean though OP. If men could accept transwomen in male spaces without an issue that would be great. Part of the problem though is that transwomen don't want to be in male spaces anyway, however men behave towards them. They want "in" on female space... and so do some men.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in