Talk

Advanced search

7pm tonight Transgender Trend releasing report on Stonewall's schools' guides

(14 Posts)
MrsSnippyPants Thu 28-May-20 17:44:00

Set your alarms, pour a drink, and settle down to read.

OP’s posts: |
Redshoeblueshoe Thu 28-May-20 17:52:04

wine

Clymene Thu 28-May-20 18:09:43

ooh

MrsSnippyPants Thu 28-May-20 19:08:45

Now live
www.transgendertrend.com/stonewall-autism-stonewall-schools-guidance/

MrsSnippyPants Thu 28-May-20 19:42:42

Seeing this all laid out in one report really brings home how bad it is. What were the DofE thinking?!

Datun Thu 28-May-20 19:43:18

You've got to hand it to Stephanie Davis Arai.

From the off she said that girls who transition are largely either lesbian, autistic or have suffered some kind of trauma, usually sexual.

She would have been in a position to know, as she was receiving hundreds of emails from these very girls or their parents.

And again, the obvious is staring people in the face. I know the Emperor's new clothes is an overused analogy, but it's so true.

Datun Thu 28-May-20 19:44:10

Seeing this all laid out in one report really brings home how bad it is. What were the DofE thinking?!

I know. God only knows why they were so easily influenced.

Clymene Thu 28-May-20 19:45:01

How does an organisation which deliberately and repeatedly misrepresents the law a) retains its charitable status; b) receive generous government grants?

It really beggars belief.

ScrimpshawTheSecond Thu 28-May-20 20:12:14

So asd symptoms ' disappear' with a gender transition? That's so unbelievably offensive and ridiculous. I can't understand why disability organisations aren't calling this out. Maybe they will.

OvaHere Thu 28-May-20 20:19:00

The targeting of SEN children is particularly egregious. It's shocking they are trying to make these claims.

HavelockVetinari Thu 28-May-20 20:24:01

I've only read a bit, but already I'm dismayed by the sentence "by the evidence of Twitter accounts" - I agree wholeheartedly with Transgender Trend, but that's a low bar for evidence.

RiverRover Thu 28-May-20 20:26:48

I'm autistic. Just like autistic people are more prone to other neurological conditions like dyslexia and ADHD, autistic individuals have a higher rate of being LGBT or transgender than the general population on self-reports, probably because our brains are structured differently anyway.

I'm straight, but I'm probably the only autistic person I know in real life who is, and there are many that I know.

So it's that you can be autistic and LGBT. The two commonly come together, but not always.

SarahTancredi Sat 30-May-20 16:51:26

havelock

Every single.person who has tried to bring out reports about the levels of autistic children turning up at clinics has been shut down. The book that was produced from accounts of tavistick staff is not only hugely expensive but book shops are refusing to sell it. Theres been at least 2 who refuse to stock gender critical authors etc,unfortunately all that is really left here are the.private emails she received which she obviously cant publish or the accounts that are publically visible on twitter

Twitter has been massively useful. Between terf blocker and pile ons and law suits , certain agencies have become extremely cocky with what they think they will get away tweeting. I do think this evidence is vital tbh

They did all the work for us tbh

It's a very good report.

Ereshkigalangcleg Sat 30-May-20 16:58:47

I'm straight, but I'm probably the only autistic person I know in real life who is, and there are many that I know.

In terms of the T, most of them are straight. Straight is opposite sex attraction, not opposite "gender". And gay/lesbian is same sex attraction.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in