Talk

Advanced search

New(ish) and looking for guidance

(4 Posts)
GCITC Mon 27-Apr-20 17:54:34

I've been reading this board for quite a while now, and was 'peaktransed' on here probably a year ago.

I used to follow things on twitter but the abuse anyone seems to get with our views was too much for my mental health.

I'm in a much better place now and feel I'm ready to become more involved in the movement, as it were, and put my head above the parapet and say I am gender critical.

I suppose I'm looking for ways to get involved and how to keep up with news and events that are happening and I'm hoping you'll be able to point me in the right direction.

OP’s posts: |
NonnyMouse1337 Mon 27-Apr-20 18:47:47

Depends on where you are located. Usually this board is quite good for keeping up with news, but it's also worth signing up to get newsletters from organisations like WPUK, WHRC, FPFW etc.
If you're in Scotland, you can follow the various Scottish groups.

There will still be emails needing sent to MPs, MSPs and even MEPs. Before lockdown, I would have encouraged you to attend one of the events held by the various grassroots women's groups so you could network with other like-minded women in person, but we will all have to wait a while for that now. smile

GCITC Mon 27-Apr-20 18:54:48

I'm in Yorkshire. Thanks for listing some of the groups. Will go sign up now.

OP’s posts: |
NonnyMouse1337 Tue 28-Apr-20 19:23:36

If you weren't already aware, WHRC are holding a webinar via Zoom this Saturday. smile

When: May 2, 2020 03:00 PM London
Topic: Feminist Question Time LIVE hosted by WHRC
Register in advance for this webinar:
us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_2Su_9qF1TVa0-Pp_sDDf4g

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in