Not sure what time!

ThinEndoftheWedge Fri 14-Feb-20 17:07:05

Now 17.06

DiscontentedWoman Fri 14-Feb-20 17:08:37

Listening in now!

thistimelastweek Fri 14-Feb-20 17:08:57

Harry who?

DiscontentedWoman Fri 14-Feb-20 17:10:11

Oh blimey Evan, love. You need to get a handle on this shit mate.

AbsintheFriends Fri 14-Feb-20 17:11:09

Well, this is interesting!

Harry sounding very much in control. And calling out the Good Doctor and chums. Interviewer (Evan Davies??) is obviously a sweet summer child when it comes to Twitter debate, and seems to believe Harry is out there on his own, tweeting into a void.

hoxt Fri 14-Feb-20 17:12:05

Omg this is a car crash for Evan

SurpriseSparDay Fri 14-Feb-20 17:12:17

It was an interesting conversation.

Lazyteens Fri 14-Feb-20 17:14:05

Evan Davies’ twisting of the news story astounds me. Well done to Harry for putting across the point so well.

Herocomplex Fri 14-Feb-20 17:15:54

Ah yes, Evan Davis who on a R4 programme about the patriarchy concluded that although it might have existed it no longer does in any meaningful way.

His insistence that the tweets were anti-trans as well as seeming to confuse sex and gender were evidence of his bias.

refusetobeasheep Fri 14-Feb-20 17:18:27

evan massively annoying - he needs to do a bit of research

RoyalCorgi Fri 14-Feb-20 17:24:04

I normally really admire Evan Davies on PM, but he was completely clueless. Hilarious to hear him mention Dr Haddock. He obviously has no idea how much abuse trans activists put out on Twitter against women.

Lazyteens Fri 14-Feb-20 17:25:55

He might have some idea, but just doesn’t care...

ThinEndoftheWedge Fri 14-Feb-20 17:27:21

Yes - The person he brings up - AH -isn’t Transgender, thinks ‘adult human female’ is offensive and loads of people have reported him to the GMC. Not sure how he is still practicing!

ScapaFlo Fri 14-Feb-20 17:29:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

totalnamechanger Fri 14-Feb-20 17:31:56

Harry very very composed and clear headed!

Herocomplex that’s exactly what I was thinking about the patriarchy program. Well... the patriarchy might not affect Evan. Likewise he implied that Harry was obsessively focused on a niche area totally unrelated to Harry’s life- as if didn’t affect at least 51% of the population. Which is likely to include members of Harry’s family, his friends, colleagues 🙄🙄. Can’t you imagine how this could affect you or anyone you know, Evan?!! Really?

I used to really like him on the Today Program but it appears he has a rather large blind spot.

Floisme Fri 14-Feb-20 17:34:30

I didn't hear the interview but if it was Davies who brought up Dr H - who I would say is pretty much unknown beyond certain social media circles - then I find it hard to believe the clueless act.

PronounssheRa Fri 14-Feb-20 17:36:00

I didnt listen. What was the context for bringing harrop into the discussions? And did Evan think harrop was some kind of reputable voice?

SunsetBoulevard3 Fri 14-Feb-20 17:36:22

Harry who?

nauticant Fri 14-Feb-20 17:41:06

I'd recommend listening to the programme:

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000f7yk

when it's available for listen again in an hour or so. Basically Davis decided to ignore the decision of the legal case and run a series of gotchas to show to the audience that Miller is a bigot. It was so bad that even people on twitter were complaining about bias.

Herocomplex Fri 14-Feb-20 17:44:55

I guess it depends who’s done the research for the piece as well.

It was a scattergun interview designed to make the interviewer sound like a slightly hysterical loon, by throwing names and accusations about.

Herocomplex Fri 14-Feb-20 17:46:07

Sorry nauticant I didn’t see your post before I wrote mine, exactly as you say.

TheShoesa Fri 14-Feb-20 17:47:46

Harry came across really well, I thought. Evan, not so much.

As an aside, it's a long time since I've heard Shon Faye mentioned, has Shon retired from social media?

motorcyclenumptiness Fri 14-Feb-20 17:50:52

Davis's clear bias and garbled understanding of the issue is toe-curling. I'm embarrassed for him.

ThePurported Fri 14-Feb-20 17:56:34

Likewise he implied that Harry was obsessively focused on a niche area totally unrelated to Harry’s life- as if didn’t affect at least 51% of the population. Which is likely to include members of Harry’s family, his friends, colleagues 🙄🙄. Can’t you imagine how this could affect you or anyone you know, Evan?!!

Yeah, I'm sure he didn't mean it to come across that way, but Evan sounded like he couldn't fathom why a man like Harry would be interested in women's rights.

Did his researcher suggest bringing up Harrop? As a practical joke?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »