Talk

Advanced search

Trans man on naked attraction

(61 Posts)
itispersonal Fri 24-Jan-20 04:15:05

Not watched but has seen some tweets about this. India Willoughby being one, who questioned it.

Straight female on naked attraction and one of the options of the men she could choose to date was trans man with a vagina.

This is the (rubbish) programme, where you choose a person based on the look of their genitalia.

I know channel 4 has always been one to push boundaries but come on.

N3V3R3V3R Fri 24-Jan-20 04:54:03

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

itispersonal Fri 24-Jan-20 05:43:12

Aren't you pleasant

PenelopeFlintstone Fri 24-Jan-20 05:45:47

Well, for most people, that would cut your choices from 1 in 3 to 1 in 2! Did the ‘chooser’ look shocked?

Luckystar777 Fri 24-Jan-20 06:01:55

That's like, heterophobia, in my opinion.

Soontobe60 Fri 24-Jan-20 06:03:37

How is it being judgemental?

YouJustDoYou Fri 24-Jan-20 06:04:52

For fucks sake, it's ok to not like vagina. It's ok to not like dick. Don't start with the "you're being judgemental!!!!" hysteria.

NonnyMouse1337 Fri 24-Jan-20 06:12:03

I don't know if the contestants are asked beforehand who they are willing to date or not. Some people might say no disabled people, or not interested in trans etc.
There was an episode where a woke woman said she was pansexual, so I think there were a couple of trans people in the selection.

Pulpfiction1 Fri 24-Jan-20 06:12:12

Didn't watch but will do. Did they confirm she was exclusively hetro? Very odd thing fir them to do. I have seen trans people on before but usually only when the person says they're pansexual. Although there is one with a really old transwomen, the picking guy was hetro I think and the transwomen said she wanted to see if she'd pass.

It is crossing boundarys but if you're on that show you probably don't have many - it would be worse if they did it on blind date. At least it was clearly a vagina haver so the lady could avoid. Bit harder if you want a xx woman and are presented with a neo vagina haver (I miss speaking in plain English)

Here1111 Fri 24-Jan-20 06:17:34

If she said yes to transmen fine. If not, its misleading and unfair.. but then the show is disgusting anyway. I will never understand those involved with it or like it.

Pulpfiction1 Fri 24-Jan-20 06:18:57

The picker said this on twitter - so she's one of those transmen are men types. Not an issue then.

Pulpfiction1 Fri 24-Jan-20 06:19:36

Sorry didn't attach

Here1111 Fri 24-Jan-20 06:24:33

😱😩😧😲🙄she obviously doesn't care about having a serious job with that tweet, does she shock🤮

Cwenthryth Fri 24-Jan-20 06:27:32

‘Sex doesn’t equal sexuality’.... well yes, sex and sexuality are different things clearly.... however the clue is in the title of what sexuality is fsmile
Anyway, she seems happy so that’s all fine. It’s not like a program based entirely on judging people’s bodies is going to be a bastion of feminist principles anyway - we’re clearly not the intended audience. Leave it for those that believe in this stuff. Personally I mainly like C4 for their house reno programs anyway.

MashedSpud Fri 24-Jan-20 06:29:01

That show is hideous.

donquixotedelamancha Fri 24-Jan-20 06:37:02

Message deleted by MNHQ for quoting a deleted post.

SchadenfreudePersonified Fri 24-Jan-20 06:47:48

That show is hideous

I saw about 5 minutes once - it held the attraction of a really serious traffic accident - I couldn't believe the horror unfolding before my eyes . . .

. . . and there wasn't a single hairy fanny there - (though to be fair, the bloke on it had all of his bits waxed, too). It was, quite honestly, repulsive to watch.

I turned off. (In every sense) Really - who watches that stuff?

KaptainKaveman Fri 24-Jan-20 06:49:38

So...don't be judgmental about the show predicated on 'contestants' being...judgmental? about gonads ? and choosing people based on the appearance of their gonads?

The entire show exists as a piece of superficial judgmentalism. It's ludicrous to get annoyed at people pointing this out and judging the contestants - it's what we are supposed to do . Duh.

Cwenthryth Fri 24-Jan-20 07:05:22

being...judgmental? about gonads ? and choosing people based on the appearance of their gonads?
I really hope they’re not judging on the appearance of ovaries, looking at people’s’ ovaries is a whole other type of show! (I knew what you meant and this is intended to be jovial not mocking).

It is car crash tv isn’t it, surely, purely designed for people to watch because it is awful, to cause ‘controversy’ (yawn). Surely not many people watch it seriously.

slipperywhensparticus Fri 24-Jan-20 07:13:37

Fell asleep on the sofa watching tv when I woke up it was on I watched it in horror then realised I was STILL watching it after 20 minutes i messaged my other insomniac friends to join in the horror

I'm curious what was her reaction on the show

NonnyMouse1337 Fri 24-Jan-20 07:15:03

Really - who watches that stuff?

I watch it now and again. grin

It's car crash TV, hence the appeal. It's all about superficiality and how self obsessed some people can be. I find it amusing to see people come up with vague excuses for why they won't date someone they aren't attracted to.

ILoveAScotchEggMe Fri 24-Jan-20 07:16:29

No gonads being displayed the last time I looked.

It is a weird programme though. It is the ultimate way to objectify people. The only way to make it worse in that respect is for the picker to pick without seeing the faces I suppose but........just awful.

GaraMedouar Fri 24-Jan-20 07:21:31

But surely if you're picking a,man to date and you can only see 2 penises and 1 non penis - you would get rid of the non penis person because that's not a penis and you'd think the producers had got it wrong.

SoupDragon Fri 24-Jan-20 07:27:41

What is the problem exactly - it's not like they hid it.

NonnyMouse1337 Fri 24-Jan-20 07:28:30

I don't know what the recent episodes are like, but the first series or two was quite enjoyable because it showed a wide range of bodies.. curvy women and men, skinny ones, tattooed and pierced ones, women with scars from c-sections, people with prosthetic limbs and so on.

We see very little authentic nakedness in our lives. It's all celebrities with buff, toned bodies and no scars or blemishes. Or everything has been airbrushed or enhanced in some way.

I have a lot of issues with my body and self image, so it was nice to see such a wide range of naked bodies... and observe my reaction / attraction to them. Everyone has appealing and not so appealing parts of their appearance. And it's interesting seeing people naked and then with their clothes on. Does it match with your assumptions about their personality? Some people are physically very attractive but then on the one-on-one date come across as very boring or overbearing and don't seem that attractive any more.

I find people fascinating when looking at their underlying motivations and behaviour.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »