Talk

Advanced search

Period pants for women and girls.

(35 Posts)
JellySlice Mon 13-Jan-20 17:51:11

I want to buy dd some period pants, but (a) want to support rationality and (b) want to be sure that any literature that comes with the pants uses accurate language.

Can anybody recommend a suitable brand? They don't need to be super amazing, as they'll be for night-time use to backup a pad.

ScrimshawTheSecond Mon 13-Jan-20 18:26:49

Modibodi seem pretty good, body positive and all references are to women and girls.

Fluandseptember Mon 13-Jan-20 18:29:52

We've got nice and v reasonable ones from Cheeky Wipes

OhHolyJesus Mon 13-Jan-20 18:36:42

Cheeky wipes have been captured - men have periods too or not all menustrators are women - something like that. I cancelled my order and got a speedy refund as the retailer doesn't want to sell to bigots I imagine.

ScrimshawTheSecond Mon 13-Jan-20 18:40:54

I just had a look at their site - they have a special range for teens. With the tagline 'be the female of the future', which is heartening.

www.modibodi.co.uk/pages/red

JellySlice Mon 13-Jan-20 19:48:08

Thanks. Modibodi are out of stock of the style dd likes, so I'll have to wait - unless there are any other sensible brands.

NeurotrashWarrior Mon 13-Jan-20 19:53:55

I was given some modibodi for Xmas by my v sensible sister. First try yesterday; loved them.

Cardboard packet too. You do need to hand wash and dry them but I reckon it's worth it. Really nice shape on. I'd like some more smile

drspouse Mon 13-Jan-20 19:54:57

I go with Etsy for mine. There are various biology-aware sellers.

BiologyIsReal Mon 13-Jan-20 21:05:06

Couldn't work out though why they were pouring gravy on to the pants in the demo. Strange thing to do with your roast dinner. grin

Beamur Mon 13-Jan-20 21:10:19

I bought some from Modibodi last year. Meeting orders seems to be a problem, but everything I ordered came in the end. They're excellent quality though and DD (who they were for) is very pleased with them. Have radically changed how easy she finds dealing with her period. I just chuck them in the wash, they take a little longer to dry than standard pants but are really good. Would recommend.

FlaviaAlbia Mon 13-Jan-20 21:12:51

Do you have to change your pants during the day if you use them? I've seen them advertised but was unconvinced.

Beamur Mon 13-Jan-20 21:35:24

Apparently not. Although DD does wear clean ones at night. But the highest absorbency ones are fine for all day and don't feel like pads at all.

Shockers Mon 13-Jan-20 21:41:39

I wondered that too. Are they suitable for very heavy flow?

NeurotrashWarrior Mon 13-Jan-20 22:19:05

They have different headings for different flows. I wasn't brave enough to wear without a tampon; it was more as I can leak unpredictably. I don't think I'd wear on their own all day at my heaviest but I need to try again.

If it was my pre child period I might actually have been ok.

Voice0fReason Mon 13-Jan-20 23:06:58

I was very tempted by the modibodi. Glad to hear they still know who is buying their products.

BadgertheBodger Mon 13-Jan-20 23:13:07

I’ve got Modibodi ones. I have a ridiculously heavy flow and I need to change halfway through the day and then clean ones on at night time on my heaviest couple of days. They’re fab, can’t believe I waited so long to get some! Soooo comfy as well

BorissGiantJohnson Mon 13-Jan-20 23:15:07

I have modibodi ones for me and dd. You don't need a pad as back up at all. They're fine for a heavy flow. I wear one pair all day then change into a new pair for bed and they haven't leaked (yet)! They're great. Really comfortable, just like normal pants but a bit thicker material. I rinse as soon as I take them off, then bung in the washing machine with a normal load.

It's really great for dd as she doesn't have to worry about pads or anything at school.

I really rate them. Environmentally, and just the ease of not having to do anything about your period except wear these pants. It's just so easy.

You can get a swimming costume version as well but it's expensive and I haven't tried it. I may get one for dd if they do swimming at school though.

MotherForkinShirtBalls Mon 13-Jan-20 23:51:09

I got myself tulip pants. I've a merina so only have spotting these days, but needed something more sturdy for my knackered pelvic floor when I'm doing a high impact class. Like them so far.

JellySlice Tue 14-Jan-20 06:44:34

How do they cope with clots?

I really cannot get my head around the idea of not changing all day.

BadgertheBodger Tue 14-Jan-20 06:53:37

Jelly I’ve never noticed any clots, everything just seems to sink in. If you went to the loo though and there were any clots sat on top you could always wipe them off. I was very wary about trusting them as well but they genuinely do work.

JellySlice Tue 14-Jan-20 07:13:13

It's not that I don't trust them to keep it all in, it's that I feel...ewwww...about not changing.

stillathing Tue 14-Jan-20 09:57:00

I've got modibodi and cheeky wipes. Cheeky are really good value and work fine but I don't find the fit great. Modibodi are pricey but better IMO. Not only do they work but the fit is brilliant. Seamless, high rise, really comfortable. I only double up with pads or tampons very occasionally. Generally can get away with using them on their own. Totally changed my relationship with my period. You do have to rinse them after use & before washing which doesn't make them suitable for all situations.

Ineedacupofteadesperately Tue 14-Jan-20 10:06:54

Just popping on to say I have modibodi too and I do chuck them in the washing machine (i'm sure they won't last as long and it's not recommended but been fine so far) - I do make sure it's a gentle wash. I also completely love them. They're fantastic. Have got some for DD already for when she starts her period. I wish I'd had some as a girl - they would have revolutionised my life.

BorissGiantJohnson Tue 14-Jan-20 12:34:02

They don't feel ick not to change all day. You can't feel it like you do with a full pad (because of the material and the bigger absorbent surface area) and mine are black with black lining so you can't see it. You rinse them and think wow there's loads in there! I can't express how fab these pants are. Get some, they'll change your life (for one week every month)!

MrsSpenserGregson Tue 14-Jan-20 12:37:54

Another recommendation for Modibodi here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »