Talk

Advanced search

#banglinner

(65 Posts)
Doyoumind Sun 12-Jan-20 10:10:18

This is trending on twitter at the moment. If it isn't a perfect example of TRAs wanting to shut down discussion, I don't know what is.

Ereshkigal Sun 12-Jan-20 10:11:22

Is there a reason for this campaign?

TiredofthisBS Sun 12-Jan-20 10:11:53

Well if that's not targeted harassment then I don't know what is.

DickKerrLadies Sun 12-Jan-20 10:13:11

I wondered what bang liner was at first...

Doyoumind Sun 12-Jan-20 10:14:40

I should have used BanGlinner confused

It seems to have started with someone who has an interest in anime. What a surprise.

DickKerrLadies Sun 12-Jan-20 10:21:24

Sorry, it's not your fault! It's the curse of the hastag. Like Susan Boyle.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 12-Jan-20 10:44:50

It's just daft. Do these people not realise that Glinner is not "running" GC twitter? If he gets banned it makes no difference (other than creating some media headlines which would damage rather than benefit the TRAs).

The TRAs are losing the argument, the TRAs have no argument and this becoming more and more apparent, with or without Glinner.

Doyoumind Sun 12-Jan-20 10:48:13

What I see on Twitter is people who have never read or tried to understand his points. They're just on the bandwagon. I hope at least a few bother to find out what he's actually saying as a result of this.

stillathing Sun 12-Jan-20 10:49:34

dick whenever I feel down I only have to think of #susanalbumparty to cheer myself right up again

HandsOffMyRights Sun 12-Jan-20 10:49:42

So if you stamp your feet hard enough you can demand what you want? Hardly the way of the oppressed...

"Don't care how, I WANT IT NOW!"

Doyoumind Sun 12-Jan-20 10:52:28

The common thread is about it only being about trans rights. None of them give a second thought to women's rights. It's so telling.

AutumnRose1 Sun 12-Jan-20 11:02:33

what's the deal with this anime connection?

I saw that trending last night and am well pissed off, but it's a small army doing a hell of a lot of work, I guess?

TwentyViginti Sun 12-Jan-20 11:05:34

Oh another TRA tantrum.......

justcly Sun 12-Jan-20 11:07:32

They blast out the word "bigot" like a scatter gun, but the definition of bigot is "a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions". 🤷‍♀️

snowblight Sun 12-Jan-20 11:12:33

They blast out the word "bigot" like a scatter gun, but the definition of bigot is "a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions".

A bit like Glinner then. 'Agree with me or you're a handmaiden'.

TiredofthisBS Sun 12-Jan-20 11:17:10

What's that word for people who accuse you of something but actually guilty doing it themselves? Begins with an H and ends with crite🤔

NewYearsHumberElla Sun 12-Jan-20 11:24:29

Sunlight sunlight.

It’s all it takes. Then let people make their own minds up.

Hello snowblight, back again?

snowblight Sun 12-Jan-20 11:26:38

I'm assuming everyone on here is happy with Glinner calling women who don't agree with him handmaidens?

TiredofthisBS Sun 12-Jan-20 11:30:09

I assume that you're happy withwomen who don't agree with the TRA's to be called T@rfs and told to die in a grease fire?

lilmishap Sun 12-Jan-20 11:32:07

Is it because he set up Glindr.org? It's Twitter without the Twitter bollocks.

Mockers2020Vision Sun 12-Jan-20 11:32:56

Bang Glinner?

Steady on shock

BackOnceAgainWithATinselHalo Sun 12-Jan-20 11:35:32

Well they can huff and puff but all it dies is shine more sunlight on the issue because glinner is just one of thousands and thousands and thousands of people who think the same as him. He doesn’t run GC, he’s a great ally but as he’s say himself he’s a supporter. It’s like these people thing GC is glinner running several twitter accounts rather than a reflection of what most people think.

Melroses Sun 12-Jan-20 11:36:02

The beauty is you can use the hashtag to tweet all sorts of information, and most of the TRA lot can't see it because they have blocked you. Win win.

BackOnceAgainWithATinselHalo Sun 12-Jan-20 11:36:13

Good luck with picking through my typos - sigh. Frigging auto correct!

iklboo Sun 12-Jan-20 11:41:38

'Ban Glinner for having the right to free speech but I still demand my right. But only MY right. Nobody else is allowed to have the same right'

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »