Talk

Advanced search

Spanish Big Brother films contestant being raped then makes her watch it

(73 Posts)
Clymene Mon 02-Dec-19 23:20:21

Sorry that is such a horrendous click bait title. But it's what they did. They watched her being raped while she was passed out drunk, then played the tape back to her in the diary room

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/spanish-big-brother-made-contestant-181044088.html

I hope she sues Endemol

Goosefoot Tue 03-Dec-19 14:32:37

Have you read the article @Goosefoot? They knew he was raping her. They told him to stop. But not immediately

The article doesn't say that. It says the sex went on for several minutes before they said anything. It did not say how soon they realised what was going on, which was my question. And I'd guess if it was in a court it might become an important point.

BarbaraStrozzi Tue 03-Dec-19 14:34:01

It is horrific.

I know under UK law there's a limit to what you can contractually sign away - I don't think, for eg, if employers pressed you into signing a contract which committed you to perform behaviours that turned out to be criminal, that such a contract could be enforced.

I don't know whether Spanish law, or indeed EU law would be similar. Though as PP have noted, there is a problem in that under Spanish law, having sex with an unconscious woman who has not given consent doesn't count as rape. angry

I hope there's some way of her getting some form of redress. Any Spanish mumsnetters know how this is being reported (or not) in Spain?

SkaraBrae Tue 03-Dec-19 14:59:19

No coercion or threat so I guess under Spanish law it's not even rape?

Trewser Tue 03-Dec-19 15:01:08

How wonderful other European countries are.

StealthPolarBear Tue 03-Dec-19 15:03:50

I am shocked.
So, just to be clear on the law, any man who has access to a sleeping or unconscious woman can have sex with her with no consequences??

Alrighteo Tue 03-Dec-19 15:11:51

So if a man drugs a woman then rapes her, he can only be convicted for drugging her, not of the rape?
Oh well. I know it's a predominately Catholic country, so that might be an element. Husband/wives. Old school.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 03-Dec-19 15:13:06

@Trewser you aren't using a woman's rape to make a point about the EU are you? Because that would make you pretty repulsive. So I'll assume that's not what you're doing.

Trewser Tue 03-Dec-19 15:16:00

I am pointing out that some European countries have pretty archaic laws when it comes to women.

Alrighteo Tue 03-Dec-19 15:16:13

No coercion - surely being present while someone gets unconscious with drink is sufficient to be coercion?

Trewser Tue 03-Dec-19 15:17:06

It is absolutely not repulsive to be relieved that this would be a crime in the UK.

Clymene Tue 03-Dec-19 15:20:17

Well I think they were aware that she was comatose, yes. You don't have Big Brother there do you? There are cameras everywhere. They were watching and they knew she was unconscious. That is made perfectly clear in the article.

Although as Barbara has pointed out, raping an unconscious woman doesn't appear to be against the law in Spain sad

Clymene Tue 03-Dec-19 15:21:46

Spanish anger as five men acquitted of gang-raping teenager https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50257922

(Warning : graphic description of sexual violence)

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 03-Dec-19 15:29:07

I think the woman who was dragged through the Courts by Ched Evans would disagree @Trewser

I ask again, were you making a point about the EU?

Autumntoowet Tue 03-Dec-19 15:31:45

I can’t.
I watched the footage of her being shown the video. She is asking for them to stop it and then asking for them to stop the audio. She then asks for something to take as her heart is racing. She asks for the, to open the door and let her out and the bloody man on speaker says that for hers and his own good this mustn’t leave the room. Still not opening the door she keeps asking and he is “not yet, you have to wait” as she keeps asking to please get the door open.
FML

www.elconfidencial.com/multimedia/video/television/programas-tv/2019-11-19/video-carlota-prado-gh-jose-maria-revolution-abuso-sexual-gran-hermano_2341648/

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 03-Dec-19 15:33:19

She is asking for them to stop it and then asking for them to stop the audio.

How much more could they try to traumatise her?

Autumntoowet Tue 03-Dec-19 15:36:14

The way the audio man “super” talks is absolutely disgusting.
Classic way of male figure loving the control and authority enjoying a woman’s suffering.
Horrible.

Autumntoowet Tue 03-Dec-19 15:38:39

Also, Telecinco is an absolutely disgusting channel. I was young when they started and it was constant shows of women being sexualised and all sorts.
Such a toxic culture. Disgusting stuff to be growing up with. I am not surprised.

Clymene Tue 03-Dec-19 15:39:51

I don't think I can bring myself to watch that Autumn. Just the description makes me feel sick

Autumntoowet Tue 03-Dec-19 15:43:56

@Clymene best not to I only posted it as evidence, pretty much what I said and no need to see the poor woman suffering.

Beveren Tue 03-Dec-19 15:43:56

It appears that even under Spanish law this would be sexual assault. Would the film company be guilty of aiding and abetting?

Autumntoowet Tue 03-Dec-19 15:45:08

Oh! Of course the video doesn’t show the crime, I couldn’t watch that and wouldn’t. It shows her watching it.

And the “Super” talking to her.

RufusthebewiIderedreindeer Tue 03-Dec-19 15:48:00

So I'll assume that's not what you're doing

Well you know what happens when you assume

slipperywhensparticus Tue 03-Dec-19 15:53:31

The judge said she appeared to be concious at the beginning

she has had no help and support for two years and now has a pro rape judge

Trewser Tue 03-Dec-19 16:01:07

I ask again, were you making a point about the EU?

No, but you seem obsessed with me doing so!

TruthOnTrial Tue 03-Dec-19 16:52:34

So it is illegal? Is being tried, and the judge is pro-rape?

The judge is trying to say she hadn't passed out then, which belies here reaction on being shown the video, and they absolutely knew she was clueless, otherwise tuere wouldn't have been any mileage in showing it back to her.

Her reaction was horror, evidence she had not consented and was raped. Its abhorrent how this is still going on apace.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »