Talk

Advanced search

Graham Linehan's speech. Worth sharing.

(56 Posts)
marvellousnightforamooncup Mon 02-Dec-19 09:12:04

https://glinner.co.uk/the-emperor-has-no-clothes-and-you-should-mention-it/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Ereshkigal Tue 03-Dec-19 20:18:30

Yes, I have no respect whatsoever for comedians who don't see the absurdity of the trans agenda.

MarieIVanArkleStinks Tue 03-Dec-19 21:30:46

Re. the toilet wall sign. It would be interesting to know if there's an identical sign in the men's. If not, the women's one should be unceremonially removed and dumped in there instead.

I don't belong to the biological sex which crime statistics overwhelmingly indicate are responsible for harming other people. Yet protecting others from harm is deemed women's collected burden. It's rank, institutional, deeply ideological and socially-ingrained misogyny, of the kind that thinks the sky will fall in if responsibility is placed firmly back with the demographic that owns it in the first place.

As far as I'm concerned, the owners of said instructional loo facilities can take their diktat and piss it up a rope. What about protecting ME and other women from harm: a radical concept they've conveniently neglected to consider?

DodoPatrol Tue 03-Dec-19 22:30:31

Even if no transwoman ever committed any crime, that sign would be wrongheaded.

Trans women are at most 0.5% of the population, but sex offenders are two a penny. If you see an obvious bloke in the ladies, the odds are surely higher that it’s a dodgy bloke than a transwoman.

AutumnRose1 Wed 04-Dec-19 14:23:28

I’ve seen similar to the Oxford toilet sign in a few places.

Ereshkigal Wed 04-Dec-19 16:07:56

It's a dominance display.

CranberriesChoccy Wed 04-Dec-19 21:23:49

It reinforces the stereotype that women should always be kind, gentle, inclusive, but most of all submissive. Don't make the man feel uncomfortable, whatever you do! But it makes women uncomfortable? Oh that's ok then. Fuck that. It's the men who need this tolerance training.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »