Talk

Advanced search

An insurance company now wishes to lecture us

(208 Posts)
JustHereWithMyPopcorn Wed 27-Nov-19 20:39:39

Aviva shared these lovely tweets today. I am actually insured with them but I will not be renewing. And they are not bothered by customers leaving, clearly.

Devereux1 Tue 03-Dec-19 15:31:55

Still baffled as to why an insurance company has managed to muddle 'sell insurance'

Somewhere in every major corporate now is a Diversity Manager who, out of through fear of being sued, fear of being accused of something unfair, desperation to appeal to some markets, and horror of finding protestors outside their door, the rest of the directors and shareholders have agreed to take on a senior role.

These Diversity Managers are the scourge of business today. Most senior people want nothing to do with them. But the Media department loves them, has probably worked with them before, and this is the new Social Responsibility efforts.

So someone like Stonewall will have people who go out to corporates and offer a link up, the Diversity Managers of the world are doing the same, and they all live in this crazy bubble of preaching. Anyone who disagrees with them is kicked out, or made to look bad.

It's the latest bandwagon. Advertising agencies everywhere are telling corporations (I've sat in on meetings, I've heard it) that now the message to the public shouldn't be about the money you make, it's about the good to you do in society. So push and push and shove your campaigns down everyone's throats.

The way Aviva are behaving on Twitter is identical to Channel 4's attitude, have you noticed? "We are right, we don't care about anyone who doesn't agree with us, don't watch us then, don't buy our policies, we don't give a damn."

So hit them where it hurts.

Ereshkigal Tue 03-Dec-19 15:34:37

The way Aviva are behaving on Twitter is identical to Channel 4's attitude, have you noticed? "We are right, we don't care about anyone who doesn't agree with us, don't watch us then, don't buy our policies, we don't give a damn."

Spot on. I think that campaign is misjudged.

Devereux1 Tue 03-Dec-19 15:35:28

@JustHereWithMyPopcorn - it's truly awful. I don't think I've ever seen such obnoxious, contempt for customers as Aviva.

Their Chief Executive and Board must have lost their marbles.

Michelleoftheresistance Tue 03-Dec-19 15:55:41

So push and push and shove your campaigns down everyone's throats.

Customers will be very fast bored with that. Plus when it becomes obviously 'look at us telling you about our virtue' it merely trains your customers to become cynical. And alienates any customer who disagrees with your particular politics, which kind of messes with the whole point of retail: make it easy for people to part with money.

Mind you, this is absolutely the time to set up a corporate and tagline it 'just selling you x without boring the living pants off you'.

Beamur Tue 03-Dec-19 16:50:18

I wonder if they will send out a questionnaire with their renewals so that they can check the thinking of their customers and ditch any falling short of the required standard?

powershowerforanhour Tue 03-Dec-19 17:21:26

I don't think I'm particularly alphabetti-spaghetti phobic and used to happily play rugby with a fair few lesbians (the old fashioned kind). But if I'd been good enough to have played at Lansdowne Road the Aviva Stadium, I wouldn't have wanted to play against the new kind of lesbian, you know, the ones with bollocks and the height, weight and musculoskeletal strength to squash me.

PreseaCombatir Tue 03-Dec-19 22:30:08

What have channel 4 been up to then? Am I really delayed?
(I rarely watch live tv, only really watch Netflix, and occasionally some bbc or 4 on demand)

ItsChristmaaaaaaaaas Tue 10-Dec-19 08:45:31

I found a pension statement from these guys when clearing up (from an old job).

It’s probably got 2”6d in it but worth a call...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »