Talk

Advanced search

Share your experiences of gender neutral toilets

(182 Posts)
Trou Thu 21-Nov-19 21:46:28

I went into my first gender neutral toilet this week and I have to say I wasn't impressed. As I walked in two young men stared at me as they were spraying water all around the sink area. As I was washing my hands a man came in and started undoing his trousers before he was in a cubicle. Ok not crimes of the century in either case but quite grim. Never experienced these things in a traditional woman's loo. I was the only woman in there so I felt very odd. Going to the loo at work used to be a nice 5 min break to collect my thoughts. Now it's stressful. Not impressed. Anyone else tried one of these new gender neutral toilets and if so what where your impressions?

darkside29 Mon 09-Dec-19 22:56:55

“Make sure you have a separate ladies toilet” shouldn’t need saying.

I’d like to say this current situation is mad, but it is quite deliberate. There was no consensus and no consultation - so why is it happening?

I know the official answer. But think about it. It is unlikely that the so called ‘powerful groups’ got to be that powerful, all by themselves.

ItsChristmaaaaaaaaas Tue 10-Dec-19 08:14:04

I was in a nice cafe at the weekend and it had just one loo. It’s a very nice big loo.

The man in front of me left the seat up - and had managed to wee all over the seat and the lid. 🤢

TheProdigalKittensReturn Tue 10-Dec-19 08:16:19

How do they even do that? Are they drawing figure eights with their cocks like they're making the world's most disgusting snow angel?

ItsChristmaaaaaaaaas Tue 10-Dec-19 08:19:11

My males of the house haven’t done that since they were 5!

Summerandsparkle Tue 10-Dec-19 12:40:39

Bad experience at a hotel during a wedding we were at. My niece who is 4 years old was using the toilet- we didn’t realise it was for men too. She had the door open for a second (by accident, she didn’t lock the door properly) as her Mum was outside and a man walked in to see her completely half naked. It was flimsy cubicles with shared sinks. They were both mortified obviously but she wouldn’t have been so upset about it if another woman had seen her.

I’m so annoyed by it and worried for my daughter. I’m sad that when she grows up she won’t have the experience of going to the girls loos with her friends to do make up/ chat/ talk about periods!

I have done several pregnancy tests in ladies bathrooms. I don’t fucking want men in my personal space.

AccidentallyRunToWindsor Tue 17-Dec-19 11:24:28

@Kuponut Muslim employees is one of the reason we have done the same at work on some floors.

Lamahaha Tue 17-Dec-19 13:42:03

I recently binge-watched The Letdown on Netflix. It's about mums with toddlers and is a bit flakey; I don't like the protagist at all but still watched both series.
She is obvisouly very woke. The show is set in Sydney (mostly) and she has a laptop with something about Gender on the back and there are allusions all the way through to trans -- mostly neutral.

In series 2, she has a part-time job which has to do with inspecting gender-neutral toilets. And I get the impression that the makers of the show are actually GC.
She's inspecting one very skanky gender-neutral toilet which is full of graffiti. A couple of women are waiting for ages and finally get to "go". Then she waits for ages, then a guy walks out who is a known drug dealer, followed by three other men he was locked in with. She goes in, on a mobile call to her husband, waits for a man to walk our of a dirty cubicle, takes one look inside a cubicle, and recoils, saying "disgusting!" And it was, indeed, disgusting!
The rest of the show -- well, nothing I'd recommend, but I did notice that one episode: series 2, episode 3, "He's a girl".
I always find it interesting to note what is being said on popular movies, shows etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »