Talk

Advanced search

Channel 4 High Society: Cannabis Cafe - exploring trans issues whilst high

(3 Posts)
hoodathunkit Wed 11-Sep-19 16:38:02

I thought that readers might be interested in this

Two-part documentary about Brits trying cannabis in a Dutch cafe, from curious rookies to a pair of ex-drug squad colleagues with opposing views on cannabis legalisation.

In part 2 which can be viewed here
www.channel4.com/programmes/high-society-cannabis-cafe/on-demand/68049-002

"boxing giants Kellie Maloney and Jamie 'Rocky' Johnson smoke weed and ask some big life questions”.

It is clear that both people are struggling with emotional conflicts and turmoils about their bodies and my heart goes out to them both, however I am concerned that transitioning is being “sold” to Jamie as a solution without really exploring any of the downsides.

Jamie also describes her life partner as a straight woman, which I found confusing. Her thinking seems to be something like “my partner is a straight woman, therefore I must be a man”.

Both seem to be struggling with internalised homophobia to me, although I would be happy to be corrected on this. I would love to hear more from Jamie about her thoughts and feelings.

donquixotedelamancha Wed 11-Sep-19 23:49:24

Her thinking seems to be something like “my partner is a straight woman, therefore I must be a man”.

Yeah I caught a couple of minutes of that, it just seemed desperately sad. She didn't seem to want hormones or surgery but kept mentioning that her partner found being with a woman hard.

testing987654321 Thu 12-Sep-19 17:52:59

Did I catch some where she told Maloney that he looked fantastic?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »