Talk

Advanced search

Stonewall have updated their definition of transgender.

(118 Posts)
TurboTeddy Wed 14-Aug-19 16:40:08

mobile.twitter.com/LabelFreeBrands/status/1161234934448574464/photo/1

Not sure I can add anything, the rediculousness speaks for itself. I think leaving us speechless is the new silencing tactic.

Pinktulipsarethebest Wed 14-Aug-19 17:45:54

But if I identify someone else as not trans, is that ok too?

Jaxhog Wed 14-Aug-19 17:47:49

I'm female, wear trousers and like IT so I must also be Trans. All my friends must be Trans too, as there isn't a stereotypical person amongst them!

Michelleoftheresistance Wed 14-Aug-19 17:48:30

Just to recap then since it changes pretty much hourly now:

The official LGBT self appointed trainer and adviser on national policy states that:

trans is something to do with not obeying gender norms
(which are not compulsory
and no one knows exactly what they are anyway and they're fluid over time and place)
but it definitely means men can be women and take over their spaces and sports
(although women is a word no one can define and no one knows what that means either)

dear God it's getting embarrassing to be British. Has anyone checked whether Stonewall's had a hand in Brexit? Is that why it's such a total mess?

MockerstheFeManist Wed 14-Aug-19 17:53:01

'computers' were originally women.

My laptop is trans.

Pinkarsedfly Wed 14-Aug-19 17:53:13

I’m wearing trousers today.

#stunningandbrave

Datun Wed 14-Aug-19 17:55:26

*trans is something to do with not obeying gender norms
(which are not compulsory
and no one knows exactly what they are anyway and they're fluid over time and place)
but it definitely means men can be women and take over their spaces and sports
(although women is a word no one can define and no one knows what that means either)*

What happens if you keep obeying the gender norms of infiltrating women's spaces, talking over them, telling them to shut up, expecting them to accommodate your slightest desire and just acting generally entitled?

TheBigBallOfOil Wed 14-Aug-19 17:58:55

Who was it who tried to write the list of stereotypes and came up with the BS about northern women?
As I recall everyone more or laughed themselves sick, this northern woman included

Datun Wed 14-Aug-19 18:00:19

Was it Meg-John, the paramour of Edward Lord?

Who also said clitorises and penises were virtually interchangeable, apart from size/length.

Michelleoftheresistance Wed 14-Aug-19 18:02:05

Well that says rather more about the experience of Meg John in the bedroom than perhaps they realise....

Can't we have a whip round and send her on the freedom programme?

Datun Wed 14-Aug-19 18:16:04

Just to reiterate, I really, honestly would like a list of the stereotypes.

I'd like to know what Stonewall thinks are typically female and typically male roles.

They clearly have some idea, because they are deciding that non-conformity means something. So let's have it. What roles do Stonewall consider should be assigned to men and women, in order that we may understand why someone might be trans when they say they need a different label, because they don't conform to them.

NeurotrashWarrior Wed 14-Aug-19 18:20:20

I like sci fi and I like reading the paper on loo. I'm deffo transgender.

AyeRobot Wed 14-Aug-19 18:24:02

I've been asking for The List for years, Datun

Glad I didn't hold my breath.

It should exist and it should be the first thing gone through with a counsellor for anyone who thinks they are trans. With a big fat red pen to strike out everything that can be fought by what feminists have been doing for years. Then they can decide whether they are trans or actually a feminist.

Deliriumoftheendless Wed 14-Aug-19 18:24:24

I too would like to know what that list is.

I would genuinely like one of our visitors to advise us.

ArnoldWhatshisknickers Wed 14-Aug-19 18:28:32

I don't even possess a skirt, or dress, or make up.

I loathe shopping to the point I've been known to stand and shout at people in the middle of ASDA (I'm not proud of this but it happened).

I prefer watching UFC to soap operas.

I do all the painting and decorating round here.

I have a degree in a physical science.

As I'm Scottish I'm even more northern than northern women.

I'm clearly more transgender than thou.

(this is a competition, right?)

TheBigBallOfOil Wed 14-Aug-19 18:30:16

I’m sorry but I have to take issue with the suggestion that being Scottish makes you more northern than northern people.
Would you like to take this outside?

TheBigBallOfOil Wed 14-Aug-19 18:30:55

Ps am I trans yet? Offering people out isn’t very feminine now is it? IS IT???

ArnoldWhatshisknickers Wed 14-Aug-19 18:35:54

Not feminine at all, TheBigBagOfOil.

You must be trans too, along with the entire human race!

ArnoldWhatshisknickers Wed 14-Aug-19 18:36:29

Damn, BigBALLOfOil, apologies.

SarahTancredi Wed 14-Aug-19 18:43:21

Everyone is trans then hmm

Hamster00 Wed 14-Aug-19 18:46:04

-picks up ball and storms off-

I'm more trans than the lot of you. I even had my willy cut off to prove it. So there.

-flounces out-

/s

Deliriumoftheendless Wed 14-Aug-19 18:50:30

I’d offer to hold your coat in support BigBallOfOil but as we are Northern we don’t wear the blummin’ things.

AlphaNumericalSequence Wed 14-Aug-19 18:55:15

According to their definition, "transgender" includes "effeminate men". Have they misgendered these particular people? Or are they acknowledging that being transgender doesn't change your biological sex?

Caaarrrl Wed 14-Aug-19 19:03:57

Oh I've just realised that I'm special! I'm trans, not just a middle aged, over weight, white woman. I wear trousers, can do stuff like replace brake pads on cars, build fences and I do all the decorating. I also hate all housework and shopping etc.

Therefore I am a trans man.

Caaarrrl Wed 14-Aug-19 19:05:03

I'm also Northern. Does that make me more or less trans?

NeurotrashWarrior Wed 14-Aug-19 19:11:51

Define "northern"...

It's always amused me that people from Leeds think they're northern...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »