Talk

Advanced search

FFS! Is anyone else watching the Reggie Yates documentary on BBC1

(15 Posts)
wohmum Wed 14-Aug-19 00:42:16

Fucking appalling guy promoting rape and ‘the manosphere’ To be fair Reggie Is doing a damn good job of calling it out.

user764329056 Wed 14-Aug-19 00:55:03

Yes, recorded it and now watching, am speechless

LimitIsUp Wed 14-Aug-19 01:02:30

Bit scary. Hoping these extreme views will not become more mainstream

IdaBWells Wed 14-Aug-19 01:07:05

What is this about?

RosaWaiting Wed 14-Aug-19 01:09:59

Oh is this the repeat from a few years back? With Roosh V?

Mileysmiley Wed 14-Aug-19 01:12:47

Yes I just watched it and I am seething. What worries me is a lot of young men have a similar attitude towards women. My son is not like that and treats all women with respect but if I even thought he did I would evict him from my home!

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06s5h18

RosaWaiting Wed 14-Aug-19 01:12:56

IIRC Milo was in that show, it was the first time I’d heard of him.

They are alarming critters indeed. Last I heard, Roosh V was seeking less publicity after being doxxed, or his parents were doxxed, not sure.

RosaWaiting Wed 14-Aug-19 01:15:12

Oh I just looked at wiki

Roosh V has found god

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roosh_V

wohmum Wed 14-Aug-19 01:21:23

Ah - I didn’t realise it was a repeat .. interesting that he has recounted his previous views . There is still a worrying trend in younger men/ teenagers to find similar ideas interesting .. my DS has said a few worrying things recently so this caught my attention

LimitIsUp Wed 14-Aug-19 01:26:16

I didn't realise it was a repeat either.

Yes - my ds has told me that one or two of his classmates appear to be obsessed with 'feminazis', perhaps they have been exposed to the manosphere and it's anti women polemics

Pieceofpurplesky Wed 14-Aug-19 01:30:23

Not just young boys are obsessed with 'feminazis' several of the young girls
I teach are too

IdaBWells Wed 14-Aug-19 06:17:09

Is the episode called “Men at War” and has a dickhead called Roosh In I it? I am in the USA and found p it on Netflix. At the end Reggie says men always need role models but that Roosh and others like him are not it. I wish Reggie would make some material and talk to men about women, as he was pretty obviously shocked and horrified at the stuff the Manosphere was promoting. Roosh is just an unpleasant, horrible human being. Reggie was right that the movement wasn’t focused on young men feel better about themselves but to make young women feel terrible.

LimitIsUp Wed 14-Aug-19 09:18:49

Yes it was exactly that programme.

I had the same thoughts thst Reggie Yates would make a good role model for young men

JellyfishAndShells Wed 14-Aug-19 10:54:23

He did several very good documentaries and seemed to be around other things a couple of years ago but I haven't seen as much of him recently - he's very good, IMO, with a natural but incisive manner. Better than the appalling Stacey Dooley, whose commissioning as a presenter baffles me.

RosaWaiting Wed 14-Aug-19 12:11:02

OP I don't believe for a minute that any such men recant their views

they might find other ways to express them, especially after being banned from entering certain countries, or having a lot of pushback online etc. But I don't believe they give up those ideas.

there isn't a reason why they would go from having absolute contempt for women -who they see as walking wombs and fucking and household appliances - to changing their minds.

when I was a child, the "joke" was that wife meant Washing, Ironing, Fucking Etc. It was a good thing to hear as a girl because you knew what you were never going to do, I guess.

I still think the best way to keep women alert for this crap is to stop teaching them that having a man in their life is important.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »