Talk

Advanced search

The Kelsey Coalition

(7 Posts)
IdaBWells Tue 13-Aug-19 17:40:46

Just stumbled across this organization that is based in the USA. It’s very heartening to see people are finally getting organized and gathering all the stories of people negativity affected by gender ideology in one place. The Dr. Kelsey whom the coalition is named for was an FDA doctor who refused to O.K. thalidomide despite massive pressure from all sides.

www.kelseycoalition.org/

IdaBWells Tue 13-Aug-19 17:45:28

“Soon after, without my knowledge, a pediatric endocrinologist taught my daughter—a minor child--to inject herself with testosterone."

shock angry sad

TurboTeddy Tue 13-Aug-19 17:47:54

Yes this is heartening. More medical professionals are speaking out so I'm hopefully that this live experiment on children will not continue for too much longer, although I have to remember the political influence big pharma has.

There is no test or scientific proof for a “gender identity.” A child’s “gender identity” is based on feelings that are impossible to prove and subject to change.

This is the thing which baffles me the most, there is no objective test for gender identity but still laws and bodies are changed without thought for consequences.

IdaBWells Tue 13-Aug-19 17:50:37

There are going to be thousands of lawsuits in the future and so many distressed and depressed women (and men) who will find themselves sterilized and with irreversible changes to their bodies. Here are some horrific quotes:

“In just one visit, Planned Parenthood prescribed testosterone to my 20-year old daughter and refused to consider her mental health history."

"There is still a misguided notion that exists regarding transgender protocol and mental health care which is that one must live as the newly-identified gender for a specified time. There is no protocol. After one trip to a physician’s assistant and signing an informed consent form, he began taking female hormones. No medical or mental health history was taken."

"We consulted with a medical doctor who volunteers at a local LGBT clinic. To our shock, she admitted that her clinic’s practice prescribes testosterone on the first visit, with no mental health referral needed. She shared that she tells her patients, most of whom are teen/young adult females seeking testosterone, 'try and see if you like it, it’s safe and reversible.' When asked about the well-documented health risks of testosterone, she confessed to not being an expert, as she was 'only doing it for less than a year.'"

"It’s frightening to know that at any point our 19-year old daughter can access powerful and harmful drugs and surgeries to amputate healthy body parts, which will be provided to her without any proper medical vetting, without any evidence from long-term studies applicable to her demographic, and paid in full by the state Medicaid and the university insurance."

TemporaryPermanent Tue 13-Aug-19 21:26:51

The website chimes exactly with my views. But who are they and how are they funded? There are no names or even an address. I can guess why they feel unable to give this information, but i can't support a completely anonymous organisation - it could be anyone.

ThePurported Tue 13-Aug-19 21:48:56

It's a grassroots parents' organisation. I don't know how they are funded.
Their consultant gave a presentation at the First Do No Harm: the Ethics of Transgender Healthcare event in the House of Lords.
www.transgendertrend.com/first-do-no-harm-ethics-transgender-healthcare-house-of-lords/

www.transgendertrend.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/House-of-Lords-Kelsey-Coalition.pdf

jamrollyolly Tue 13-Aug-19 21:50:49

Sounds like a greatly needed group. I've read before of medical professionals in the US being at risk of being stuck off if they don't confirm gender identity .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »