Talk

Advanced search

Please critique this D&I report

(3 Posts)
BolloxtoGender Mon 12-Aug-19 20:39:42

www.bcg.com/en-au/capabilities/diversity-inclusion/good-intentions-not-enough.aspx

Reading through this just gave me the rage and I can’t quite articulate why...apart from the word salad, management speak, conflation of sex, sexuality, sexual orientation etc. and (cynically)obviously there is lots of consulting money to be made from the ‘D&i’ bandwagon....

Goosefoot Mon 12-Aug-19 20:46:12

Ugh, management speak indeed.

There really isn't much content there. What are these programs anyway? I always wonder what they mean by diversity, which always seems rather narrow to me.

The two questions I found myself wanting to ask were: how accurate is the perception of employees that they haven't benefited? And also, isn't it often the case that the challenges employees face aren't really directly about stuff in the workplace? Are these schemes really the best way to address the issues, whatever it is they are?

Igmum Tue 13-Aug-19 21:02:28

Yes, management speak. And focuses on 'the programme' rather than addressing any structural inequalities, sexism etc so not going to achieve much

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »