Talk

Advanced search

Jameela Jamil

(108 Posts)
breakfastpizza Sun 09-Jun-19 18:26:16

Jameela is tweeting about the NSPCC dropping Munroe Bergdorf. She's a celeb who's gone all out about "body positivity" but is apparently unable to see the irony in telling kids they might be born in the wrong body.

She's also a self-proclaimed "feminist-in-progress", yet she calls women who object to male bodies having unrestricted access to female safe spaces "a bunch of transphobic cis women".

What a feminist you are, Jameela! Way to support your sisters, who, you know, actually have to deal with men invading their spaces, while you swan around above it all.

emerencemaybehopeful Tue 13-Aug-19 10:38:52

For a few minutes she seemed intelligent. Must have been acting.

TerfTalk Tue 13-Aug-19 11:02:16

I still like JJ, despite this. I think she genuinely means well, but she’s new to feminism. Like most young pretty women, she doesn’t get how this will affect her and other women just yet.

Cohle Tue 13-Aug-19 11:18:31

She's said some spectacularly ill-advised things, but I think it's a pleasant change to see a woman in the public eye being vocal about feminist issues.

I'm not sure a thread calling her stupid and too thin to know about body positivity is the most constructive way of getting her, or other women, to engage with GC ideas.

Juells Tue 13-Aug-19 12:35:49

I don't know why everyone is being so mean about her. Naturally, if you're becoming a feminist, the first thing you need to do is centre men.

Pota2 Tue 13-Aug-19 14:00:21

You can’t cure stupid, can you?

Needmoresleep Tue 13-Aug-19 14:37:28

She was pretty dire when she did the chart show on R1. We, as a family, had loved Reggie and Fern. Poor JamJam was just dull.

SunsetBeetch Wed 14-Aug-19 16:32:44

Danielle chatting to Jessica a couple of months ago...

ScrimshawTheSecond Wed 14-Aug-19 16:53:25

Excellent. Get more of Danielle Muscato in the public eye.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »