Talk

Advanced search

Munroe - Childline 's first LGBT+ campaigner.

(1000 Posts)
HandsOffMyRights Thu 06-Jun-19 08:25:04

Words fail me today

calpop Thu 06-Jun-19 15:49:54

God that actually made me shudder reading this. I cant think of anyone less qualified.

DuMondeB Thu 06-Jun-19 15:54:15

Does this mean they will send Munroe in to Mumsnet for an LGBT children themed webchat?

I would like that very much.

SarahTancredi Thu 06-Jun-19 17:08:15

Like their webchat they are not responding to any point on that Twitter feed....

If we ignore it it will go away hmm

theOtherPamAyres Thu 06-Jun-19 17:54:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Thu 06-Jun-19 17:57:06

But but but the bullying! The sacking from jobs because if the bullying! The racism, sexism, lesbaphobia (is that a word?).

Well I guess if they have mrs trump doing anti-online bullying campaigns then this is par for the course these days.

ChickenonaMug Thu 06-Jun-19 18:00:08

I am already cross this week with the NSPCC after I found out that they are teaching primary age children, during their Speak Out, Stay Safe programme, that the definition of sexual abuse is "when a child is being made, asked, or rewarded for doing anything with their body that frightens or worries them – or being made to do this to somebody else." (my bolding). This definition sounds completely different to the ones that they teach for physical abuse, for example, which does not rely on a child's response to the abuse for it to be abuse.

The definition does not seem to inform children that sexual abuse is happening to them regardless of how they feel about it, making it sound as though sexual abuse is not happening to a child if they have been groomed to have no understanding or concerns that what is happening to them is wrong.

Is this why the NSPCC do not seem concerned about MB's responses to the situation that 11yr old Desmond is in? Do the NSPCC think because Desmond has not raised concerns then the situation is alright and that he is not being abused? Is this also why the NSPCC are unable to see the safeguarding and welfare conflicts in many of the transgender policies - because it is only a concern if children are worried at this moment in time.

SunsetBeetch Thu 06-Jun-19 18:16:19

Let's not forget that Munroe also has form for encouraging teenagers to send her private messages.

Safeguarding? Wossat?

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Thu 06-Jun-19 18:18:13

Hahahahaha. Fox/chickens

Sexnotgender Thu 06-Jun-19 18:24:27

Fucking hellconfused

I’m assuming no one at childline is capable of running a quick google search? Is due diligence not a thing these days?

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Thu 06-Jun-19 18:26:25

I worked for a charity. It was the trust bloody thing I did. You’d be amazed what people omit.

Datun Thu 06-Jun-19 18:46:24

because it is only a concern if children are worried at this moment in time.

Oh chicken that's a step away from why didn't you say anything? You must have encouraged/enjoyed it.

JamB4cream Thu 06-Jun-19 18:55:05

If Childline can't spell check their Twitter posts then they probably haven't used Google either to check Munroe's social media history

Sexnotgender Thu 06-Jun-19 18:56:45

Can’t spell check or really even construct a sentence, that tweet looks like it was written by a 5 year old.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Thu 06-Jun-19 19:00:59

What is the trans obsession with people saying they don’t exists. They exist! We see you! You won’t let anyone forget.

MrsSnippyPants Thu 06-Jun-19 19:01:09

I wonder why they didn't use this photo?

ChickenonaMug Thu 06-Jun-19 19:03:25

Yes Datun it really is. I am fuming. The definition that the NSPCC use on their main webpages is what you would expect but then they go into schools and teach children a harmful message about sexual abuse in my opinion.

What is wrong with the NSPCC? I have so many concerns about what they are doing now.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Thu 06-Jun-19 19:03:31

Hahahahahah!

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Thu 06-Jun-19 19:04:24

Lordy. My boobs were like that when I was breastfeeding. It was rather painful and felt like they were going to burst.

JamB4cream Thu 06-Jun-19 19:05:02

You're right sexnotgender I didn't notice the double use of "last year" in the body of the Tweet, not very professional looking.

Throckmorton Thu 06-Jun-19 19:10:05

You know, I posted about this on Facebook. Not one bugger has responded to it. Wonder if that is cos loads of them are continually pushing the "nasty women don't want TWAW in their toilets" angle and don't know how to deal with this latest gem.

BickerinBrattle Thu 06-Jun-19 19:19:23

Follow the money. This smacks of quid pro quo.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Thu 06-Jun-19 19:20:28

Oh always. As I always say ‘who has the most to gain?’

MiffysMissingSock Thu 06-Jun-19 19:32:06

Is this the Munroe that bright out a lingerie line that resembles.... ?

Outofinspiration Thu 06-Jun-19 19:33:21

So this is Munroe Bergdorf who supports an 11 year old boy dancing in front of adults for money in the middle of the night in a nightclub because.... Something to do with rainbows. And who also encourages 12 year olds to message them in a 'big sister' capacity.

Super.

ChattyLion Thu 06-Jun-19 19:43:56

Chicken that is absolutely horrifying. Why are children not being allowed proper boundaries from adult harm? It’s very sinister.

I remember reading about someone from the Police or National Crime Agency who was talking about having to go through images of child sexual abuse and indecent material as part of putting together evidence.

They were saying that one of the tragic aspects of it was seeing the number of children that were smiling in these abusive pictures and who obviously trusted and felt affection for their abuser. It’s horrific.

So this is basically saying to kids then that it’s their own fault if they don’t recognise their own sexual abuse. If they don’t struggle, fight back, tell someone, report it, then they were complicit?

Why would we put that burden of judgement on to children? This is not a call they should ever have to make, nor should have to live with afterwards once they do understand the abuse that has been done to them.

This thread is not accepting new messages.