Talk

Advanced search

Are you Gender Diverse - then take part in the Gendered Intelligence survey

(32 Posts)
theOtherPamAyres Mon 08-Apr-19 14:04:57

Gendered intelligence have a survey to help them plan the next five years. They've asked that the survey be shared and broadcast widely

You might be gender diverse, trans, gender free, an ally or 'Other' and it is really asking only one question - how can GI help to transform the lives of trans people, including young people and children?

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScFdShPsCJ81AU3d8oOyG0nBsTYflpt9C9CPvDFqKmCrBoScw/viewform

Any thoughts on what Gendered Intelligence should look like in 5 years time?

HorsewithnoGender Thu 11-Apr-19 19:18:00

I think religion plays a huge role in legitimising, promoting and validating homophobic attitudes.

barelove Fri 12-Apr-19 10:05:31

Done. It was very therapeutic to be given a chance to articulate clearly why gender stereotyping is such a load of damaging b*llocks. It took less than 5 minutes and I highly recommend it as a quick stress buster!

BeansandRice Fri 12-Apr-19 12:02:19

You might be gender diverse, trans, gender free, an ally or 'Other' and it is really asking only one question - how can GI help to transform the lives of trans people, including young people and children?

I doubt they'll like my responses: I advised that they use their intelligence to see that the illegal & damaging discrimination & violence against trans people is not perpetrated by women and feminists, but by homophobic & misogynist men, and that in their hostility to women & our legal rights, and that they have squandered enormous amounts of goodwill, especially from feminists, who are often the first to understand the personal difficulties & structural effects of oppression.

I also answered 'Other" as Genderfree; but that my sex is female.

BeansandRice Fri 12-Apr-19 12:04:50

Oh, and that they might try to listen to & learn from the 51% of the population more likely to be murdered by intimate partners/exes/sons/fathers, and paid 15% less, and more likely to be discriminated against for our biological role in reproduction.

So my whole answer is likely to be triggering. I hope the person processing the data will be OK.

BeansandRice Fri 12-Apr-19 12:07:32

@CuriousaboutSamphire grin wink

barelove Fri 12-Apr-19 12:33:06

...So my whole answer is likely to be triggering. I hope the person processing the data will be OK. grin

Brilliant responses. They won't like mine either. I suggested they change their name to Sex intelligence and support people to be free to express themselves in whatever way they like with regards to dress, interests, jobs, names etc while acknowledging their chromosomes which will dictate what health care and services they'll need during their lives. I suggested that the best way to support trans people (and everyone else) is to do away with gender stereotyping completely.

BeansandRice Fri 12-Apr-19 13:06:14

Brava, barelove But I guess we'll all be accused of "Mumsnet transphobia." All those women who've had <yeuch> babies how dare they think they know anything? Get back to the kitchen!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »