Talk

Advanced search

Transwoman murderer/torturer - sex change on NHS

(43 Posts)
thebluearsefly Sun 24-Mar-19 11:36:06

I missed this.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/19/trans-murderer-serving-life-will-receive-80k-gender-reassignment/amp/

Does anyone know if this has gone ahead?

thebluearsefly Sun 24-Mar-19 11:37:15

...meant to post this in feminist chat

Prequelle Sun 24-Mar-19 11:38:25

Not sure but it's infuriating. We are rationing care everywhere else yet spending thousands on transitions

Meanwhile every few months my mum has to spend 7 days+ in hospital because her periods don't stop and her blood doesn't clot, she needs transfusions. Will they give her a hysterectomy though? Will they balls.

thebluearsefly Sun 24-Mar-19 11:41:16

That fucking outrageous- I’m sorry for your mother flowers

I’m just wondering if there is any means to protest this and who that would be directed to?

Treaclesweet Sun 24-Mar-19 11:47:01

Blame the bankers who crashed the economy, blame austerity starving the NHS of cash, blame the billionaire's keeping their untaxed wealth in tax havens.

Trans people are not the reason the NHS is starved of cash. Do you really seek to remove human rights from prisoner's?

Grace212 Sun 24-Mar-19 11:52:08

Prequelle that is insanity, your poor mum.

she should write to her local MP about that and tell the GP she is doing that.

sorry, as you were...

Tomtontom Sun 24-Mar-19 11:52:19

What @Treaclesweet said.

We should all be entitled to receive the healthcare that we need. We don't receive it because of cuts to NHS funding, not because of the needs of another patient. Look to the root cause of the problem, not a scapegoat (even if the scapegoat is an utter scumbag), as that deflects from the real issue.

Tomtontom Sun 24-Mar-19 11:55:00

@Prequelle Has your mum asked for the reasoning behind their refusal? If they claim it is cost related, point out that the cost of numerous non surgical stays will fast outweigh the cost of a single procedure that remedies the problem.

thebluearsefly Sun 24-Mar-19 12:22:01

This isn’t a vital or life saving operation. I most certainly wish to remove the rights of unnecessarily spending 80k worth of NHS money on pandering to a murderer~torturer-sexual predator

thebluearsefly Sun 24-Mar-19 12:27:42

Since being imprisoned (for anally raping a man with a rolling pin and beating him yo death) he has since sexually assaulted and sexually pursued women in the women’s prison he has been housed in.

GerryblewuptheER Sun 24-Mar-19 12:27:49

Fully functioning healthy bodies should not be given surgical priority over those who suffer from life altering conditions or require life saving surgery.

Whereas I dont always agree that someone's criminal status should render then less worthy ( I'm not God) of receiving medical care, an elective procedure that is purely cosmetic should be further down the list to someones who's ability to function normally is an impossibility.

thebluearsefly Sun 24-Mar-19 12:29:30

^^ agree Gerry. Life saving treatment should be given indiscriminately...that’s a given.

IdaBWells Sun 24-Mar-19 12:33:41

I am not sure why an elective surgery for a trans individual does get priority over Prequelle's mum?

I of course would not want prisoners to lose their access to healthcare but I don't agree that "transition" surgery should be available on the NHS at all. It is not life saving or essential and in fact will involve constant hormones and drugs for the rest of the individuals life. Surgeries such as these were actually stopped at John Hopkins University, the most elite medical establishment in the USA, because research showed that 20 years later patients were MORE suicidal so it did not solve psychological conditions.

buzzbobbly Sun 24-Mar-19 12:34:17

It's not an isolated incident.

Elective boob jobs should be prioritised above mastectomies for women with breast cancer; and it not being that was is "fata" apparently hmm

Shows exactly how little some individuals value women/womanhood.

buzzbobbly Sun 24-Mar-19 12:35:05

Oh? No Pic?

Trying again and also link with same image.
twitter.com/feministroar/status/1041813473049624578

thebluearsefly Sun 24-Mar-19 12:37:04

buzzbobbly surely no one lacks that much self awareness. Astounding.

GerryblewuptheER Sun 24-Mar-19 12:42:15

buzzbobblysurely no one lacks that much self awareness. Astounding

You have clearly never read the horrific garbage that states that as rape is about power , and trans people are the most oppressed members of society they have no power over cis women therefore it is not possible for them to rape them . Or words to that effect

thebluearsefly Sun 24-Mar-19 12:43:57

@gerryblewuptheER

Sounds like science!

GerryblewuptheER Sun 24-Mar-19 12:55:13

about as scientific as the different mouth feel and feminine smell of the female penis

buzzbobbly Sun 24-Mar-19 13:37:01

thebluearsefly surely no one lacks that much self awareness. Astounding.

Strangely not at all but I know not one female in my entire life who would ever prioritise themselves in a similar fashion.

Prequelle Mon 25-Mar-19 05:56:12

I've discussed it with the surgeons myself because coincidently it's MY ward she comes onto when she needs help. But it's not a priority despite her risking death every time. It's madness.

anniehm Mon 25-Mar-19 06:24:39

Trust me, it's seriously rationed! This is an outlier. Even getting an appointment for a first visit is hard for trans so most go private if they can. DD's friends are all bar one private patients, and the nhs one is at practice who are a teaching practice so have a different set up.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 25-Mar-19 06:37:40

Yanbu. Absolutely not.

Aridane Mon 25-Mar-19 06:42:08

I agree with treacle

axil Mon 25-Mar-19 06:55:36

If trans prisoners can get full surgery on the NHS, then female prisoners should be able to get breast reductions. Women needing/wanting one often suffer emotional and physical distress prior to having one. I had back and neck pain for years that no physio, chiropractor or osteopath could fix. I worked out, did lots of back strengthening exercises but couldn't escape the pain until they were reduced. I'm betting there are female prisoners in the same situation. It's also a cheaper operation and needs no ongoing hormones/medication.

I'm betting a woman wanting a breast reduction in prison would get laughed at and sent on her way.

I'd be interested to know the number of gender change surgeries (cos nobody's sex gets changed) per trans prison population are carried out vs the non-prison population. It seems like a relatively high proportion of the trans prison population, given that it's small, get their (sexual) desires pandered to in this way.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: