Talk

Advanced search

America's first legally non binary person

(20 Posts)
glenthebattleostrich Wed 13-Mar-19 08:04:25

Not sure if this has been linked, but found it interesting. America's first legally non binary person has reclaimed their male sex. Very interesting interview with him.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/03/10/i-was-americas-first-non-binary-person-it-was-all-a-sham/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR09lOk9Q9DWXpl1Vb97zQtvuUyjERdqoIWCOs200B3z1gviP_v3kvjYl2E

glenthebattleostrich Wed 13-Mar-19 08:04:50

Try that again

www.dailysignal.com/2019/03/10/i-was-americas-first-non-binary-person-it-was-all-a-sham/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR09lOk9Q9DWXpl1Vb97zQtvuUyjERdqoIWCOs200B3z1gviP_v3kvjYl2E

StephsCaddy Wed 13-Mar-19 08:33:07

Thanks for posting that. Very informative.

Ahsureimgrand Wed 13-Mar-19 08:41:12

Thanks for posting very interesting

NonnyMouse1337 Thu 12-Sep-19 00:49:00

I spotted this article on Reddit and wanted to share it here. Found that there was already an old thread about it - resurrecting it so others can read it too.

It must have been very uncomfortable for him to admit to all of this, but it's very revealing how issues like trauma and AGP heavily influenced his trans and non-binary identities. Corresponds to what the trans widows have been saying here all along and various GC feminist critiques.

I'm angry that he, the medical establishment, the legal establishment and the LGBT/queer organisations have all contributed and enabled this delusional mess to become part of society. I feel so sorry for his wife and child for having to bear the brunt of his actions and mental illness. And I worry about all the wider implications and repercussions that we have to now deal with.

That said, I'm really glad this kind of information is finally out there for all to see. AGP and how it influences transgenderism needs to be talked about and understood more widely.

KatvonHostileExtremist Thu 12-Sep-19 07:20:32

There have been threads before, but I think it's a really interesting case.

KatvonHostileExtremist Thu 12-Sep-19 07:23:44

Doh, I see it's a bounce now. Forgive me

Here's another thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3498536-The-first-official-non-binary-person-in-USA-detransitions

This case really is fascinating

BarbaraStrozzi Thu 12-Sep-19 07:28:18

That's a fascinating read. The AGP, the failures of the medical profession, the way affirmation only stopped him accessing counselling for his PTSD.

One of the bits that jumped out at me was his acknowledgement that sealing the records of his previous ID allowed him to skip out on a load of debt - exactly the sort of thing we're repeatedly told (usually in the context of trying to raise child safety concerns) will never happen.

NonnyMouse1337 Thu 12-Sep-19 08:31:36

Exactly BarbaraStrozzi ... The fact that he could so easily bail out of his debts because of having the option to seal off access to his previous ID in a way that no other citizen can do, flies in the face of all sorts of principles of equality. And it's not just debts one can evade, but criminal convictions etc. What a giant steaming pile of shite our societies are sliding into by hopping on the trans and queer bandwagon.

Juells Thu 12-Sep-19 15:55:44

I find that person terrifying-looking in the 2015 photo, I'd be genuinely frightened of him.

Juells Thu 12-Sep-19 16:03:31

It's still all about attention, isn't it? Got a lot of attention by becoming trans. Then non binary. Now back to a man. Minimising the part he played himself at every stage.

Voice0fReason Thu 12-Sep-19 22:29:09

It shows what an utter farce the whole thing is. The system is so flawed there are going to be thousands of people like this in future years.

FluffyCloudsInTheSky Mon 16-Sep-19 07:42:39

Great article thank you for sharing. Scary that despite MH issues medical and legal staff were willing to just keep saying yes. Everyone wanting to be a part of history? As opposed to being responsible

NotBadConsidering Mon 16-Sep-19 08:07:58

And just a reminder, here’s the column The Guardian gave to this man in 2016. Has anyone at The Guardian acknowledged his current identity, or how they might have got this one wrong? I think we know the answer to that. Wrong side of history my arse...

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/16/i-am-first-official-genderless-person-united-states

Kit19 Mon 16-Sep-19 08:20:13

I think the Lib Dem’s are including legal right to be recognised as non binary in their manifesto

YobaOljazUwaque Mon 16-Sep-19 15:57:37

It's an interesting case, and I follow him on twitter. However, he is no poster-child for GC feminism.

His detransition has been to a position that the gender binary exists and is inescapable. He believes he must now avoid dresses makeup and jewellery like a recovering alcoholic avoids alcohol, and that he henceforth must be manly. He also seems to have changed the way he identifies somewhat more often than I get new shoes (not as bad as it sounds. I utterly hate shoe shopping and can avoid it for years) so I have no expectation that his current set of identity beliefs are now permanently fixed. I recommend caution.

TheProdigalKittensReturn Mon 16-Sep-19 16:14:06

The question of why the medical and psychiatric professions are not giving people like this actual help is a good one. The removal of "gatekeeping" is also the removal of any duty of care, which should be utterly unacceptable within the medical profession. Doctors and psychiatrists are not hairdressers, they're not supposed to just give you whatever you ask for without assessing whether it's actually what you need and whether it's going to help or harm you.

NewNameGuy Mon 16-Sep-19 16:17:54

He's very active on Twitter and the TRAs hate him. Surprised the cyclopath or balldemort hasn't has them banned yet.

Just shows what a dog's dinner it is, and how it didn't account for anyone to detrans

TheProdigalKittensReturn Mon 16-Sep-19 16:26:34

Does cyclepath ever go after men?

FluffyCloudsInTheSky Mon 16-Sep-19 20:52:52

It really does!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »