Talk

Advanced search

Article in Dundee Courier about assault of 10 year old girl in supermarket toilets

(108 Posts)
howonearthdidwegethere Sat 02-Feb-19 10:25:56

The original article was very odd in that it completely avoiding naming the sex of the perpetrator. Well, guess what?

Never happens, of course.

www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/819644/mum-of-supermarket-toilet-sex-assault-victim-warns-freed-attacker-could-strike-again/?fbclid=IwAR1BjeZ0GLBEa4iRDzUXAABAzAkHHl3HBdfac2NqBfN-JyKO6GYyw1l1FcY

OP’s posts: |
Sexnotgender Sat 16-Mar-19 09:36:10

Fuck. Will be sharing that photo with DD who regularly uses the Morrison’s in Kirkcaldy. Loads of school kids use it at lunchtime.

adultFemaleElf Sat 16-Mar-19 09:56:41

Can the PP tweet the article to Nish Kumar? If his act included normalising mixed sex toilets and berating women for whinging then he should own the problems associated with it, he has a platform => responsibility

Lamaha Sat 16-Mar-19 10:36:34

Just yesterday I read a response by a TRA taunting the writer of a GR critical article that "it doesn't happen", we don't invade women's showers.

The trouble is, if these "incidents" are recorded with females as the perpetrators, as female crimes, how can there ever be evidence?
If there is no such thing as transgender perpetrators, and victims have to say things like "she looked like a man" or "she had a penis" out of fear of being accused of misgendering and breaking the law, how are we ever going to collect the relevant statistics?
People are afraid to speak out when it happens, this will get worse as they gain confidence.
This never happens.
No,never.
Because it's "women" doing it, and the media is collaborating.

EweSurname Sat 16-Mar-19 12:06:18

Richard Garside
@RichardJGarside
I went to an informative briefing yesterday on the Equality Act. An important implication: it is within the law to stop housing trans-identifying males in womens prisons.

In other words, the current prison service policy is a political choice, not a legal requirement.

wigglybeezer Sat 16-Mar-19 17:07:01

@adultFemaleElf, I don't do Twitter ( waste enough time on Mumsnet) otherwise I would have, it's disappointing when otherwise sharp observers are so uncritical of trans ideology, John Oliver is another one. I tend to write and rewrite rather rambling replies in my head that I never send, I should work out something pithy I can cut and paste as required.

WokerThanWoke Sat 16-Mar-19 19:16:05

This is in the Scotland section of the Times

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/d8cd23e0-4769-11e9-bfd2-5b366418ffd1

ZuttZeVootEeeVro Sat 16-Mar-19 19:34:02

however his pro trans rant included a section on how unreasonable it was for women to worry about transwomen behaving badly in women's toilets, tumbleweeds blew through the room.

I bet he blames the crowd for their intolerance, rather than himself for his misogyny.

Nish works on the mash report with Steve N Allen, another man that likes to tell women how transphobic they are. I think they have been trained well by the BBC.

scotsheather Sat 16-Mar-19 19:38:20

Sexnotgender and likely they'll freak out at seeing ANY transwoman in the toilets if they know about this, even though the majority wouldn't dream of doing any harm. Sad for the majority but we can't say it "never" happens can we.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in