Talk

Advanced search

Lotl magazine: “What Do We Do About Women With A Penis

(129 Posts)
AnyOldPrion Thu 24-Jan-19 07:16:18

www.lotl.com/Lifestyle/What-Do-We-Do-About-Women-With-A-Penis-2536/

Shocking article about “reeducating” rape victims to accept penis.

Written, of course by a TW who claims to have “agonised” over the question of whether TW should be allowed in women’s most intimate events. I imagine the agonising was along the lines of how to make a suitable case that’ll allow penises in.

LuggsaysNotaWomen Sat 26-Jan-19 01:12:13

Also depressing to note the author runs workshops on consent and boundaries.

Yeah, workshops on consent and boundaries... and how to completely ignore them whilst gaslighting society into believing you're ever so entitled to do so.

See, now I can't think of DH's penis without images of a Willy version of John Travolta strutting down the street to the BeeGees. I wonder if they make nob sized medallions wanders off to google.

OlennasWimple Sat 26-Jan-19 00:52:11

it's new age shit that brings me out in hives

Painting with glitter using your tits would probably have a similar effect wink

AngryAttackKittens Fri 25-Jan-19 21:42:32

I knew that retreats like that existed, but there's nothing anyone could do that would persuade me to attend one.

(I have nothing against vulvas, it's new age shit that brings me out in hives.)

ginyogarepeat Fri 25-Jan-19 21:22:26

Has anyone mentioned yet the retreat where the women stand in a group and touch each other's genitals? Am I the only one who was unaware of the existence of such retreats? Must ask my gal pals if they'd be up for one of those.

StrangeLookingParasite Fri 25-Jan-19 21:10:25

Good fucking grief. That last Medium article. I'm going to have to box my own ears to get the buillshit out. What a twat.

MrsFogi Thu 24-Jan-19 22:47:31

God forbid!!!! An old lady in the changing room, a fat lady in the chaining room.....should be banned. Let the bollocks in the changing room and ban less-than-perfect women's bodies.

VanGoghsDog Thu 24-Jan-19 22:45:03

Some of the women in the circle could be survivors of rape or sexual assault. So, it is really important to start by openly acknowledging that history, and that symbology. And by directly addressing those concerns.

Riiight. So, in order for me to accept the penis on the non female person in a group of adult human females, I have to disclose intimate information about myself, such as the abuse I suffered at the hands of my father, while this person presumably gets their kicks from the mental images that brings up?

So. I have a response to that idea.

No.

Ereshkigal Thu 24-Jan-19 22:42:12

This woman must have to be in a permanent state of cognitive dissonance to be able to maintain her "lesbian" relationship.

Knicknackpaddyflak Thu 24-Jan-19 22:37:38

This question is based on a false a parallel between men and trans women. A feeling that they have some inherent similarities,

Bloody hell. The wheels have come right off the delusionality now.

Ereshkigal Thu 24-Jan-19 22:00:18

I expect she'd #notruetrans Karen.

OlennasWimple Thu 24-Jan-19 21:43:45

I have yet to meet a trans woman who is toxically masculine.

So is Karen White "toxically masculine"? On one hand they committed a strong of horrific, male pattern crimes; on the other they did wear a dress and a wig

Hmm.... Who can decide? It's a tough one, that's for sure

OlennasWimple Thu 24-Jan-19 21:41:35

And some lesbians might not want to date trans women because they’re thinking about long-term commitment, and children. Trans women can’t give birth to children

Actually, the children thing is perhaps the one benefit to a sexual relationship with a transwoman for lesbian who wants children. As in, assuming that they are one of the 80% who still has all their bits and there are no other problems, they can indeed make a baby, what with being a heterosexual couple and all

TornFromTheInside Thu 24-Jan-19 21:14:27

They are not and have never been a part of the patriarchy

Other than by birth... like all of us men.
You don't earn the benefits of patriarchy, you're given them at birth.

AnyOldPrion Thu 24-Jan-19 21:07:10

”I genuinely wanted to try to console them and explain why their fears were misguided”

Yup. They’re misguided. It couldn’t possibly be you.

This question is based on a false a parallel between men and trans women. A feeling that they have some inherent similarities, and worse, more similarities than trans women and cis women, because of their physical body, especially their genitalia. Most trans women have also been oppressed by the patriarchy because of some of the same external feminine characteristics that cis women possess. They are not and have never been a part of the patriarchy in the way ‘gender critical feminists’ might imagine.

D’oh! Yup, Rachel M, Caitlin J, Kellie M...in fact any late transitioning AGP. None have EVER been part of the patriarchy, No sirreee.... oops... No maaaaaaaaam.

Bubonicpanic Thu 24-Jan-19 19:30:33

Precis of the recent linked article.

Transphobic
Transphobic
Transphobic
Transphobic
Repeat until you repent

TornFromTheInside Thu 24-Jan-19 19:13:12

The assumption that this fear extends beyond genitalia to a transperson themselves is.

Erm, what a fucking moron.
Women don't fear the penis, they fear the idiot who owns it who invariable happens to have precisely the same sex as a transwoman.

BlindYeo Thu 24-Jan-19 19:04:36

Yup ToetoToe the male urge to see women naked. I think it is far more powerful than the female urge to see men naked, though I'll accept if other women think I'm wrong there. I think I used to underestimate this in the trans debate too - the poweful sexual motivation to validate AGP with this insane ideology that TWAW. They will trample our rights into the ground and gaslight and lie, lie, lie to fuel their sexual fetish.

Ereshkigal Thu 24-Jan-19 19:04:25

To complement the OP. Read this and have a rage stroke.

https://medium.com/**@jennifer**.waring.hansung/why-sexual-assault-is-not-an-excuse-for-transphobia-a-response-to-gender-critical-feminists-74a0d26b1f8a

Teaser quote for you:

A person acknowledging that they have issues surrounding male perceived genitalia because of sexual assault is not transphobic. Acknowledging a fear of trans-women in cis only female spaces because of this is not transphobic. The assumption that this fear extends beyond genitalia to a transperson themselves is. I have yet to meet a trans woman who is toxically masculine.

So as long as the penis isn't attached to the body, it's ok for us to fear it?

AnyOldPrion Thu 24-Jan-19 18:46:22

The cynic in me suggests that's because that's not controversial enough.

It may quite possibly be that. My inner cynic is screaming that yet again this might be about validation OR that it’s simply another occasion when women are to be denied anything on their own ever as TW must have access to everything.

ChakiraChakra Thu 24-Jan-19 18:35:22

The fact I haven't seen anybody else mention, is what specific circumstances they're actually talking about.

A "Sex positive facilitator" who has a penis wants to run a workshop for people who have a vagina, to honour their vagina, womb and vulva, involving nudity and "self exploration" aka let's all get naked and wank and pretend it's soo enlightened

It's a Sacred Yoni ceremony. It's not for penises, it's specifically for vaginas, volvas and wombs.

Tantra and sacred sexuality run zillions of events where people with penises and vaginas can be naked together honouring their Yonis and Penises and wanking. But that's not what this TW is even considering. The cynic in me suggests that's because that's not controversial enough.

ChakiraChakra Thu 24-Jan-19 18:07:01

a male has 'agonised' over whether or not women should be permitted boundaries, consent and privacy, and not only feels they're entitled to be the judge of this but also that women should respect their decision

Thank you for expressing it so clearly.

Apollo440 Thu 24-Jan-19 16:30:19

Men are especially harsh when judging other men's motivations for getting their dicks out around women.

Damn right. We know what goes on in men's heads and suspect any intact males intentions. If they aren't gay you would not convince any bloke that their desire to enter women's space wasn't malign.

RomanticFatigue Thu 24-Jan-19 16:03:01

This article about wanting to be in women's spaces isn't about wanting to be in women's spaces though, is it? It's about wanting to be in naked women's spaces.

Knicknackpaddyflak Thu 24-Jan-19 15:53:56

They can just STOP trying to gaslight us that penises should be able to come anywhere near women-only spaces

This.

I'm getting less and less willing to conform to 'chosen' pronouns because of this, I'm getting very uncomfortable about it, because that little step towards pretending men can be women if they want to be has opened the door to nutjobbery like this. Where a male has 'agonised' over whether or not women should be permitted boundaries, consent and privacy, and not only feels they're entitled to be the judge of this but also that women should respect their decision. No, having a penis is not a 'disability' ffs. A TW penis is no different from the penis of the men that everyone is perfectly happy to exclude from women's spaces. The subjective internal perceptions of the TW in no way affects the objective experience of women having to deal with a male who wishes to get his bits out in their presence.

This individual has a major problem, and it isn't women refusing to enable them.

BeUpStanding Thu 24-Jan-19 15:27:21

So much wrong with this it's difficult to know where to start... The article seems very familiar though, has it been published before somewhere else?

Also depressing to note the author runs workshops on consent and boundaries.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »