Talk

Advanced search

Posie is being interviewed under caution

(281 Posts)
Pandamodium Thu 17-Jan-19 07:47:36

At the request of Susie Green. A public order offence has been mentioned.

What the shite is the world coming to.

Ereshkigal Wed 23-Jan-19 23:17:55

Things which in many cases they're not doing. Or doing badly.

https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/news-and-events/news-and-blogs/2018/04/warning-to-police-staff-as-force-fined-130-000-for-losing-rape-victim-interview/

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Wed 23-Jan-19 23:06:07

The police should have better things to do - I’m damn sure they have better things to do.

Ereshkigal Wed 23-Jan-19 21:25:01

More police nonsense

Harry the owl visited by police http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3487853-Harry-the-owl-visited-by-police

R0wantrees Wed 23-Jan-19 21:16:24

Signposting to US TRAs by the account Mimmymum which has been associated with Mermaids charity.

context:
'Magdalen Berns responds to the Channel 4 soliloquy by Charlotte Clymer (formally known as Charles Clymer the exiled “male feminist”) about his transition, gender and sex.'

'Exiled ‘male feminist’ declares himself a woman | #stopclymer'

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O65OL7k0jXg&vl=en-GB

current relevent threads:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3487089-Trans-activist-shares-their-activism-tactics

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3484133-Gamer-raises-100-000-and-rising-for-trans-charity-Mermaids-by-playing-Donkey-Kong-non-stop

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3487853-Harry-the-owl-visited-by-police

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3464900-Reports-of-Macclesfield-pub-barring-woman-for-wearing-adult-human-female-T-shirt

Knicknackpaddyflak Sat 19-Jan-19 14:30:29

Several of the JBR detectives have separately explained how their leadership shared all evidence immediately with parents' lawyers, supported the hand over of files etc to the parents' lawyers from very early on, in the interests of maintaining a good working relationship and other idealistic beliefs. The leadership also sent the word out ahead to a known drugs den ahead of a police raid to protect the users and dealers as socially vulnerable, and had not prosecuted a case for years, preferring deals that took into account the needs of the criminal and rehabilitation/understanding.

It made properly investigating that case and many others impossible.

womanformallyknownaswoman Sat 19-Jan-19 14:07:35

Incidentally (side bar) quite interesting reading the accounts of the detectives working the Jon Bennet Ramsey case, who talk about how thoroughly all their police work was fubared and shot down by highly liberal, woke type leaders who had strong political beliefs, no experience, no common sense, and just got promoted on when things started to hit the fan. Rather like the HoC, there is an international problem with this elite professional leadership class who run on ideology and personal politics not shared by many in touch with actual reality.

And like Maddy, the parents are engaged in a huge cover-up and the local police in both cases knew that but were not allowed to get on with their work. BTW found out recently that the Ramsay parents had charges of child abuse authorised by a Grand Jury against them - putting a child knowingly in a path of harm from known risk - because Burke had been violent to Jon Benet many times before - but the charges were never laid.

The psychopaths know how to whip up a liberal do-gooder, as well as a "hang all perverts", mob

Bowlofbabelfish Sat 19-Jan-19 13:48:36

Ive seen this in many companies I’ve eorked in - someone parachuted in and changing things for the sake of it. Any challenge is met with ‘you’re negative, change is good.’

Read a good article a while back about at what critical level this makes a business implode. The example used was Enron

LangCleg Sat 19-Jan-19 13:44:22

Knicknackpaddyflak - absolutely agree. Policy makers sitting in silos making policies to "improve" the lessers - generating crisis after crisis in whatever their ignorance touches.

R0wantrees Sat 19-Jan-19 12:48:57

How many endless tv dramas have there been about hard bitten, cynical northern detectives trying to function under woke, liberal, university fast tracked and clueless senior management? It's been a thing for years.

current relevent thread:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3479798-I-stand-with-Lisa-Muggeridge

Knicknackpaddyflak Sat 19-Jan-19 12:30:44

How many endless tv dramas have there been about hard bitten, cynical northern detectives trying to function under woke, liberal, university fast tracked and clueless senior management? It's been a thing for years.

Incidentally (side bar) quite interesting reading the accounts of the detectives working the Jon Bennet Ramsey case, who talk about how thoroughly all their police work was fubared and shot down by highly liberal, woke type leaders who had strong political beliefs, no experience, no common sense, and just got promoted on when things started to hit the fan. Rather like the HoC, there is an international problem with this elite professional leadership class who run on ideology and personal politics not shared by many in touch with actual reality.

Bowlofbabelfish Sat 19-Jan-19 12:22:35

This is one knock on effect on the sort of target driven culture everyone is operating under these days. If you pare down resources then impose targets with no nuance this is what happens.

I’d also not be surprised if there’s a few ‘sympathetic’ people high up. I can’t see this coming from the rank and file.

R0wantrees Sat 19-Jan-19 11:39:58

see Baroness Hales' speech:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3483431-Baroness-Hales-Womens-Rights-speech-published-by-The-Supreme-Court-Evening-Standard-Systemic-failures-in-sex-attack-and-rape-cases-most-senior-judge-warns

FleetsumNJetsum Sat 19-Jan-19 10:56:10

Is anybody else wondering about the possibility of a high up AGP in the West Yorkshire Police?

nauticant Sat 19-Jan-19 08:34:23

But investigating your crime looks like a load of hard work Vixxxy.

Can't you see how the police would much prefer to have a case involving very little work in which they get to tell off an attractive woman and get loads of pats on the head for being inclusive and progressive?

GeorgeFayne Sat 19-Jan-19 08:21:35

With regards to freedom of speech:

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell

Vixxxy Sat 19-Jan-19 02:20:34

When the police rang me for an update, the first question they asked was "have you been talking about transgender issues on your Twitter account

She was asking for it..

Fuck that shit.

Your treatment has been shocking. And Posie being targeted by the police again by Green. Ridiculous waste of police time. And odd, when it seems the police do not have 'time' to investigate actual crimes.

I was recently the victim of identity theft, I think i might be identity fraud also, but am unsure as I was never even able to speak to an actual police officer, instead directed to report via the actionfraud website. Never heard anything back, been 6 months now so I assume they don't give a fuck. Have since found out that sites basically just for statistics gathering. So our local police directing me there were basically telling me to get stuffed, we don't have the time nor resources. So no money/time/whatever to investigate 8k worth of fraud comitted against me which has taken approx 100 hours in total to sort out as much as I can (and currently still being held accountable for 1k of it! Until I have a police report detailing that it was indeed fraud) but plenty of time to dilly dally about because someone pointed out that chopping off a childs sex organs is wrong. Unable to investigate a horrific sustained harassment campaign which has included actual threats and such, but time to investigate a woman saying something a TRA doesn't like. Unbelievable.

R0wantrees Fri 18-Jan-19 22:03:55

or rather how TRA generate influence.

R0wantrees Fri 18-Jan-19 22:02:10

It was in the context of how to complain etc.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Fri 18-Jan-19 21:58:29

That is a LGBT+ site though so what do you expect?

R0wantrees Fri 18-Jan-19 21:56:02

response to Graham Linehan (Glinner) being invited onto Irish TV program discussing gender.
(TENI has similar background to TELI & I think an overlap with key individual/s)
gcn.ie/irish-public-complains-rtes-planned-inclusion-graham-linehan-irish-trans-law-debate/

EatCrisps Fri 18-Jan-19 19:27:31

Is today's Posie video available out with FB? As I'm not on it

R0wantrees Fri 18-Jan-19 19:21:40

I think we need to stop being “good” and playing by a set of rules that disadvantages us

I think its also about doing more. The week of action at the end of January is a good opportunity to be more active in whatever way we can. Its a good time to book an appointment with an MP.

Lots of women doing something, however small adds up to a lot.

Fairplay for Women have new leaflets to deliver etc

womanformallyknownaswoman Fri 18-Jan-19 19:12:28

I think we need to stop being “good” and playing by a set of rules that disadvantages us - the police like most humans respond to who is shouting the loudest/ putting pressure in them, and we just ain’t shouting loudly enough collectively yet nor working smarter enough - work in progress ...
The police were no friends to the suffragettes as their militancy grew and we are in similar times

SharkBastard Fri 18-Jan-19 19:00:53

Plus, the police don't have time for hate crimes against women, we are non entities

papayasareyum Fri 18-Jan-19 18:47:45

I’m not sure the answer is for us to behave more like men. Wasting police time with unnecessary reporting isn’t a good thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »