Talk

Advanced search

Daily Mail pulls no punches with this headline

(96 Posts)
sarahjconnor Tue 15-Jan-19 22:54:52

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6594429/Cross-dressing-pervert-travelled-meet-14-year-old-schoolgirl.html

This man is currently in transition but is referred to as male throughout and as a "Cross dressing pervert". Male pronouns etc, its like they don't give a fuck. Good. He is a cross dressing pervert and will never be a woman. Ever. angry

userschmoozer Tue 15-Jan-19 23:03:44

I'm familiar with that name and face; this individual has previous convictions for similar offences.

ProfessoressWoland Tue 15-Jan-19 23:04:46

Alan Cox, defending, said: 'I think that it is relevant to say that before this he was in the course of transitioning to become a female but he has stopped taking the hormone tablets while he has been in Barlinnie.

'He says that he will resume that once able to do so.'

Relevant to what? "Vicky's" appeal to be put in a women's prison? And no Alan, your client will not "become a female".

OlennasWimple Tue 15-Jan-19 23:05:07

No true trans and all that....

This in the article: Alan Cox, defending, said: 'I think that it is relevant to say that before this he was in the course of transitioning to become a female but he has stopped taking the hormone tablets while he has been in Barlinnie.

'He says that he will resume that once able to do so

Why exactly is it relevant? To try to get a transfer to a women's prison??

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 15-Jan-19 23:06:41

More information about this individual here:

transcrimeuk.com/2018/09/18/richard-grattage/

Katvonbatshitmermaid Tue 15-Jan-19 23:08:43

Oh. He's on hormone treatment and going through a sex change.

Acceptance without exception.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 15-Jan-19 23:08:51

And here:

plus.google.com/105886368605686342900

And here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3366711-Scary-sex-pest-apparently-being-held-in-a-womans-prison

PencilsInSpace Tue 15-Jan-19 23:09:24

Hahaha that map grin

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 15-Jan-19 23:10:23

Hahaha that map

I enjoyed that too - it added so much to the story grin

scotsheather Tue 15-Jan-19 23:16:56

www.facebook.com/WolfPackHuntersUK/videos/419969345200379/

I've seen this already and it is gross. Fair play to them saying trans is a 'real thing' (I don't agree but thats not the point) but it underlines the need to keep these men out of womens prisons.

Dirty nonce for what he done to those girls, nothing to do with 'crossdressing'.

mooncuplanding Tue 15-Jan-19 23:18:18

the DM surprises me these days. it is the only mainstream publication who is prepared to report on ANY story

disrespectfulpenguin Tue 15-Jan-19 23:22:03

Transwoman are woman. END OF
You are all being totally transphobic dead naming and using the wrong pronoun.

if you feel there should be a more nuanced argument, then please come and have a look at feminist chat. It is why a bunch of us are worried about safe guarding, womans spaces and self id.
If you are a woman know woman then it is important to see what is currently happening in todays political climate.

disrespectfulpenguin Tue 15-Jan-19 23:23:18

HAHA i thought this was in regular chat sigh

theOtherPamAyres Tue 15-Jan-19 23:28:45

From the article - Defence counsel told the court that he's stop taking hormones while in Barlinnie jail, but hoped to continue his transition.

The petition on male sex offenders purporting to be women and manipulating the prison authorities to get transfers to the female estate, couldn't have come at a better time.

There are so many examples of predatory men posing a serious crime risk to women and children that the Daily Mail could now start a trend of plain-speaking. "Cross-dressing perverts" might catch on.

OlennasWimple Tue 15-Jan-19 23:28:46

Oh x-post Professoress

OlennasWimple Tue 15-Jan-19 23:29:55

I liked the map as well grin

jessstan2 Tue 15-Jan-19 23:30:36

Ooh how horrible. Makes me shudder.
Even the Hate Mail gets it right sometimes.

Stardustinmyeyes Tue 15-Jan-19 23:35:32

I'd be very interested to know how this person settles in Barlinnie.

QuietContraryMary Tue 15-Jan-19 23:46:49

thread

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3366711-Scary-sex-pest-apparently-being-held-in-a-womans-prison

littlbrowndog Tue 15-Jan-19 23:51:43

jeez Better daily mail than guardian.
They give no 2 fucks about women
Least daily mail pretend they do

Stardustinmyeyes Tue 15-Jan-19 23:52:28

SarahJConnor
You're right about the DM, I remember months ago somebody wrote that it would be a right wing paper like the DM who would break cover-as it were- and bring this into the mainstream media. I think it was Bowl and they were right. For far too long this shit has not even been reported. And if it has the newspapers have used the preferred pronouns. Hopefully not any more.

Stardustinmyeyes Tue 15-Jan-19 23:53:51

Oh no that is completely wrong Quiet Contrary Mary

Inktank Wed 16-Jan-19 00:16:15

Looks like the DM gets it right on this subject!

GeorgeFayne Wed 16-Jan-19 05:05:18

Wait a second... why does this lovely individual get to be labeled as a "cross dressing pervert" (which "she" is) and the term transgender (or other equivalent) is not used once in the article? "Vicky" IS a transwoman, no different than Paris or Munroe or Lily or Jane. ("Vicky" may even be one step further than many self-IDing trans individuals in that "she" has started hormones and is anticipating SRS.) Why won't they claim "her? " Why isn't the good Dr. H not losing his shit because Vicky has been misgendered in the article?

Big tent, right? TRAs need to claim Vicky as well. Vicky is no less a transwoman than any other.

Katvonbatshitmermaid Wed 16-Jan-19 06:18:54

At which point are they going to realise these guys have a fetish? Bet you they haven't got gender incongruence. But no, he's got rights to go on a woman's ward, and a woman's hostel. Just insanity.

Transexual should be a medically diagnosed condition. No woman has a penis. If yours doesn't bother you then you are not trans. End of it.

Why are stonewall so keen to throw people with a genuine condition under the bus? That's what they are doing with their stupid moronic trans umbrella.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: