Talk

Advanced search

Madigan and Labour. The next battle

(477 Posts)
Katvonbatshitmermaid Tue 15-Jan-19 15:59:22

It seems Lord Moonie, a labour peer has fully peaked and is retweeting GC tweet accounts. He seems especially sure that lesbians are in fact female homosexuals and therefore Lily Madigan isn't one of them.
He went head to head with Dr Haddock the other day. He's got a medical background so the good doctor was probably doubly cross.
LGBT labour left have tweeted their support of their "brave and brilliant comrade" Madigan. grin And obviously calling for the head of Lord Moodie for thought crimes.
Lord Moodie on the other hand seems absolutely convinced lesbians have to be female and is sticking to his guns.
I wonder how this will pan out. Jennifer James and Venice Allen did no worse than this. I wonder what Labour will do?

Meanwhile Madigan has got a spot on the Big Issue change makers of 2019, top 100. Madigan has continued the work they started in 2018 by continuing to inspire women to leave Labour (Oh and men, just got DH to cancel too).

Madigan is also in a state of confusion that someone tweeted them about how babies were made. Their tag line being "imagine tagging a young woman in this". grin
We all need imagination in these situations.

AncientLights Tue 15-Jan-19 16:11:53

LM= 'changemaker'? In 2019, so not actually happened yet. As far as I can see, the only thing LM is likely to change is LM's personal history. Again.

Waiting eagerly with popcorn for the end of year announcement about the changes Dear Lily has wrought.

AncientLights Tue 15-Jan-19 16:12:32

I think I may be in love with Lord Moonie.

Needmoresleep Tue 15-Jan-19 16:15:27

Good for him.

As others will have found before him, when it becomes impossible to pussy-foot around the issue, you might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

OlennasWimple Tue 15-Jan-19 16:22:09

Actual LOL at LM's claim that they feel pressured to sleep with a "lesbian cis woman" grin

Yeah, that happens. Lesbians everywhere are throwing themselves at LM, demanding that they go to bed together. hmm

Must be lovely to wander around in LM fantasy land sometimes

scotsheather Tue 15-Jan-19 16:24:13

He's just telling the truth. Lesbian = female attracted to female. Male attracted to female = heterosexual.

His tone was pretty direct but its factually true.

Katvonbatshitmermaid Tue 15-Jan-19 16:34:03

I've posted these elsewhere, but worth a repeat. Well played sir!
They are bullies. Pathetic bullies.

applestrudels Tue 15-Jan-19 16:42:09

I love LM's little inspirational message about how to change the world bit by bit. I'm working up the courage to start talking to my friends and family about my gender-critical views, and could do with some encouragement, cheers Lil ;)

Oh and that Moonie, what a star.

It will be interesting to see if he gets off lighter than women in the party who've said less than that.

Knicknackpaddyflak Tue 15-Jan-19 16:45:25

Considering the egg all over the faces of the Green Party at the moment, you'd think the Labour Party would have the sense to be a bit more careful. LM is not someone they should want to be drawing any attention to, particularly the attention of the general public and the press, and that particular loose canon is going to end up with Verita writing them an inquiry of their own.

On the other hand, LM is a sterling example of why Labour, Corbin and Momentum are absolutely unelectable. Which is quite useful.

OlennasWimple Tue 15-Jan-19 16:51:33

Moonie is rather splendid there

He has so much medical expertise relevant to trans issues, it's good to see someone like him speaking out

LangCleg Tue 15-Jan-19 16:53:07

Lewis Moonie is currently giving no shits!

Melroses Tue 15-Jan-19 16:53:40

As others will have found before him, when it becomes impossible to pussy-foot around the issue, you might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb

Ain't that the truth! Try and appease; you get shot down in flames the moment you deviate from the TRA line.

I'm hoping he has his head screwed on. Been ok so far...……….

User10fuckingmillion Tue 15-Jan-19 16:53:41

He went for it there! Bloody brave of him.

FloralBunting Tue 15-Jan-19 17:00:31

Good lad.

(Brilliant? 😂😂😂)

Threewheeler1 Tue 15-Jan-19 17:01:07

Look at the language from Labour LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ 'horrified', 'censure this individual!' shock

I really like Lord Moody now. They've properly pulled his vinegar string and he's letting rip with a bit of common sense backed up by actual medical expertise.
Wonder what will happen to him.

DisrespectfulAdultFemale Tue 15-Jan-19 17:01:15

Go for it, Lord Moonie! You are terrific.

boatyardblues Tue 15-Jan-19 17:38:01

It certainly reminds one why the second house is needed. For all its faults, the House of Lords and its peers are less susceptible to the craven fence-sitting that chasing votes engenders.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 15-Jan-19 17:40:36

Et tu, Big Issue? 🗡 😢

rednsparkley Tue 15-Jan-19 17:41:29

From what I know of Lewis Moonie he will not be easily pushed aside by the TRAs. He is made of stern stuff and does not suffer fools

HamiltonCork Tue 15-Jan-19 17:43:20

I’m actually impressed. Haddock will be in a right huff as he tends to pay attention to what men say - he keeps the bullying for the women.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 15-Jan-19 17:43:35

Off to google him!

So this means I can’t buy the big issue then (will still give money to our lovely local genuine seller). I’ve never seen anything in it to make my eyebrows spontaneous combust.

Melroses Tue 15-Jan-19 17:45:23

It certainly reminds one why the second house is needed. For all its faults, the House of Lords and its peers are less susceptible to the craven fence-sitting that chasing votes engenders

Hem-hem There was that chap off east enders and friends in a 'debate' where one declared himself intersex due to hypospadiosis - different team though.

VickyEadie Tue 15-Jan-19 17:45:25

I see LM is described on there as "brave and brilliant".

Words really don't mean anything any more, do they?

R0wantrees Tue 15-Jan-19 17:51:59

I've been following Lewis Moonie for some time.
He has been resolutely critical of TRActivism.

(I didn't realise he was a Labour peer)

AverageAvenger Tue 15-Jan-19 17:53:33

Blimey!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: