Talk

Advanced search

Lily Madigan tweets

(346 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

TwistedStitch Sun 07-Oct-18 13:05:55

Not sure if this has already been posted. Lily Madigan, the women's officer, saying that a group of women they disagree with can go fuck themselves. Labour are a fucking joke.

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 13-Oct-18 21:29:06

And conveniently the whole thing has been deleted....

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 13-Oct-18 16:44:06

Infant believe people have seen that they have beem lied to . That there is nothing they can't do. No rights they don't have.

And that instead of helping poor deprived trans people get paperwork and help with legalities that actually being tricked into opening some very sisnister doors

Budgieinaberet Sat 13-Oct-18 16:18:22

Howard grin blush

DisrespectfulAdultFemale Sat 13-Oct-18 15:49:23

Transtime = non-linear. Transbiology = non-binary.

I'm now waiting for transphysics!

EspressoButler Sat 13-Oct-18 15:43:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

howard97A Sat 13-Oct-18 15:37:15

*Budgieinaberret says
This might get me banned
But maybe Lil doesn't want to upset the girlfriend
Because maybe Lils girl friend ain't a lesbian
And Lil and Lils girl friend both want Lil to keep it's penis*

This is an awful post and should certainly get you banned for life: a possessive pronoun does not have an apostrophe !!

sorenipples Sat 13-Oct-18 13:56:16

I'm waiting for someone on twitter to point out she literally denying transmen's right to exist by considering period poverty a girl's issue

WombOfOnesOwn Sat 13-Oct-18 13:47:44

Even with a womb transplant, without sperm from the transwoman, there's no way to have a baby that is genetically the transwoman's.

IAmNotInvisible Sat 13-Oct-18 13:38:22

Lily locks down/changes their twitter profile frequently - perfectly sure there's a legitimate reason for the need for this so of course no suggestion from me at all that they're trying to cover their tracks ...

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 13-Oct-18 13:33:46

Ok which one of you was it...grin

EmpressAdultHumanFemale Sat 13-Oct-18 13:22:39

LM has been perfectly clear before in stating that LM could produce a baby that biologically belonged to LM. In fact, LM has said so repeatedly.

I think that comes from a misguided belief in the imminence of womb transplants. Who would provide the womb & where it would go / hook up seem to be minor considerations.

WombOfOnesOwn Sat 13-Oct-18 13:14:57

Full disclosure, my baby is right now being karyotyped because there is a higher-than-average chance that he could have abnormal sex chromosomes. That's XYY or XXY.

If he has one of those configurations, he will definitely still be a male. He was visibly male at his 12 week ultrasound! These chromosomal abnormalities are specific male conditions (ones I've been reading up a lot about for obvious reasons!). XXY men are often infertile, but when there is fertility help, guess what, it's to make their testes make sperm.

If you have an X and a Y, you've got an XY. Even if you've got something else besides.

Now, there is one syndrome - de la Chapelle syndrome - that gives you an XX and (because there's an unusual transposition of the SRY gene that's normally only on the Y chromosome over to one of the X's) male genitalia. So if LM had that, LM's sex chromosomes would be XX.

HOWEVER.

De la chapelle's Syndrome is marked by the complete absence of sperm (which require more of the Y chromosome than just the SRY gene to develop).

LM has been perfectly clear before in stating that LM could produce a baby that biologically belonged to LM. In fact, LM has said so repeatedly.

Fertility is only achievable in one of the three abnormal chromosome configurations that can result in a person with male phenotype. That chromosome configuration is XYY.

If LM is trying to use an extra Y chromosome as a reason to regard LM as female, that's a laugh riot.

Needmoresleep Sat 13-Oct-18 13:10:07

I am weirdly hoping that nothing irreversible has been done and there is no GRC.

For all the shouting I retain sympathy for some of these confused young people. I dont think there would be too much surprise if one day Lily came out as a gay, or straight, young man.

NopeNi Sat 13-Oct-18 13:00:26

Wow, so yes that's complete nonsense. Good to know!

Knicknackpaddyflak Sat 13-Oct-18 11:19:38

I am fairly sure I've seen a tweet by this person in the past stating that they don't have a GRC because it's too long and hard a process to bother with. Although if they'd done it instead of moaning about it they'd probably have one by now. (Wonder if I can stop reapplying for my car tax on the grounds it's just too much bother?) There really is no point trying to make linear, consistent sense from someone whose reality is created by their emotion in the moment. It's pathologically recognisable; the fact that they completely contradict what they said yesterday is irrelevant, because on both occasions when they spoke they meant what they felt. Feelings create reality, not facts. Look on the relationships board and Issendai's blog, the only thing you can do when someone like this is around is go NC as fast as possible to escape the batshit.

Whether someone with this particular difficulty should be allowed into a public post of responsibility where supposedly they are 'serving the public' is another question, and it's one that needs to be applied to a lot of public figures at the moment.

Budgieinaberet Sat 13-Oct-18 10:44:22

Pancake it will be the one you say you are

Budgieinaberet Sat 13-Oct-18 10:42:37

I think the Labour Party have forgotten that Women have the vote.

I think LM has missed a trick.
Period poverty . . . . . .

pancaketosser Sat 13-Oct-18 10:40:36

If my sex on my passport form does not match that on my birth certificate, which sex will be recorded on my passport? Or will the application be returned?

Surely they have to match, even if the countersignatory says that this photo is of X.

Ereshkigal Sat 13-Oct-18 10:33:39

I just get the feeling the Labour party are laughing at us.

We won't forget.

SuburbanRhonda Sat 13-Oct-18 10:21:30

My understanding of what’s recorded on your passport (from several long conversations with the Passport Agency recently as to why they wanted to know my “gender” on my application for a new passport, but were uninterested in my “sex”) is that if you tick “female” in the gender box on the application form for your passport, it translates into “Sex=F” on your passport.

So to me that means if you “identify” as female when filling in the form, your passport comes back with your sex as female.

The Passport agency said this was because the passport is primarily a document for confirming your identity, i.e. that you are the person you say you are.

Clear as mud.

DisrespectfulAdultFemale Sat 13-Oct-18 10:18:02

So lily is admitting that they don't have a grc after all the times saying they do.

What a tangled web we weave etc etc.

FekkoTheLawyer Sat 13-Oct-18 10:13:31

What chromosomes they have then?

When I was about 4 we had a 'what I did at the weekend' chat with teacher on the carpet at school.

One kid announced that they went to America for the weekend. (This was pre concord anyway). Teacher tried to persuade the child that this just wasn't possible but the child was adament and her stories grew bigger and more embellished with every sentence (ended up at Disneyland meeting I key house who was a real mouse).

GenderApostate Sat 13-Oct-18 10:01:38

Lily also said the other day that they don’t have XY chromosomes.
I just get the feeling they are saying ridiculous things to get attention- they can play the sad faced victim over the bad and can lap up all the fawning adulation from the good. Lily also denied ever being on twitter before this year, funny how Lily fans haven’t broached that particular lie.

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 13-Oct-18 08:18:17

Ok I'm.confused. first they said they couldn't get their pay pal changed because "ID"

Then they said they had a grc. Then there was the whole passport thing..then talk of how hard it was to get a grc. Then they had a grc. Now they haven't? confused

TigerDrankAllTheWaterInTheTap Sat 13-Oct-18 08:15:35

The minimum cost is the licence. Don't know what that costs but I can't see it being more than £100. Most people want a bit of a knees up too, of course, and those of us who don't have a Paypal link in our Twitter bio expect to have to save up for the cost over a period of months or years by getting a job.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »