Talk

Advanced search

LM says Labour say only 12 women left the party, not 300

(29 Posts)
LapdanceShoeshine Tue 22-May-18 22:22:36

That’s jolly interesting - I hadn’t heard that they are saying that!

Of course with the painfully slow way membership works I’m not surprised they don’t have a live figure. My annual membership only just expired, though I technically left some time ago, & in any case I think they continue to count lapsed memberships for about 6 months in case people just forgot to renew?

Funny that LM seems to claim that the figure of 300, previously mocked as tiny, is now actually significant because it was “exaggerated”

LangCleg Tue 22-May-18 22:26:20

Of course with the painfully slow way membership works I’m not surprised they don’t have a live figure.

They still haven't acknowledged that I left or expunged my data from the mailing lists. And I left months ago and have emailed at least a dozen times asking for acknowledgement.

LapdanceShoeshine Tue 22-May-18 22:30:52

LM also said this.

Equally interesting confused

WhatTheWaterShowedMe Tue 22-May-18 22:32:22

@LangCleg

Me too, I left about 2 Months before the idea of mass resignation was floated so I didn’t sign the letter but the AWS and hounding of women were major reasons why. They never acknowledged my resignation and I’m still getting a million fucking emails from them.

I also wrote to my MP to detail the reasons why I was leaving and why Labour had lost my vote and heard sweet FA.

nauticant Tue 22-May-18 22:34:09

The TRAs are learning that transparent and self-evident misogyny is damaging their case. It interesting to see how their tactics are evolving.

Bejazzled Tue 22-May-18 22:40:45

That font of scientific, evidence based facts has spoken..... this probably has as much truth as some of the other things that person spouts.

Wanderabout Tue 22-May-18 22:47:34

There are only 12 women left? Doesn't surprise me tbh.

Ereshkigal Tue 22-May-18 22:49:20

Wander grin

stealthsquirrelnutkin Tue 22-May-18 22:51:41

I wrote to my MP twice. I e-mailed the e-mail contact address on my membership card explaining the situation, and got a reply saying it was none of his business and telling me to contact the central membership department instead.

I searched the Labour website for contact information for the central membership department, but the only contact method available was via an on-line form on their website. No phone numbers, no addresses, no e-mails. I used the form to let them know why I was reluctantly forced to leave, and got no response at all.

The local labour party continued to send me e-mails, so I responded to them asking them to take me off their mailing list and explaining why, again no response.

Then someone from the membership department phoned me at home asking why I'd cancelled my direct debit. I explained in detail and the person on the phone was horrified, he said he knew nothing about self id and it all sounded insane to him, but he agreed that they wouldn't bother me again.

I have no way of knowing if the reason why I left was registered officially, despite my having given it repeatedly. Considering the fact that the MP, CLP and local councillors were either unresponsive, or obstructive, or both, I would be surprised if the information was passed on, since they still had the cheek to get someone to call and ask why my monthly direct debit hadn't been paid. I can't even be sure that the person I spoke to then had any way of registering the reason why I felt forced to leave.

LangCleg Tue 22-May-18 22:54:47

They did phone me to ask about the DD - by the end of that phone call, the poor person on the other end said "Um.. I think i'll go for a coffee break now"! Still getting the sodding emails though.

2rebecca Tue 22-May-18 22:56:13

Think Wander has it right. It took about 6 months for the SGP to realise Id left. One day they'll wake up and wonder why the only people on their women only lists are trans women and will realise those are the only ones left as that's who they chose to support and prioritise.

TransplantsArePlants Tue 22-May-18 22:58:10

Transphobia is mainly from men??

Well turn me round and call me Susan! That's a substantial statement there from the young hoodie wearing politico

spontaneousgiventime Tue 22-May-18 23:00:51

LM saying the majority of transphobia is from men? That's a change in attitude, I wonder what's brought on that change around.

Ereshkigal Tue 22-May-18 23:04:48

I think LM is trying to play down the idea that women are leaving Labour and are pissed off.

spontaneousgiventime Tue 22-May-18 23:06:10

Ereshkigal That makes sense. It could well be the reason. Possibly a little word in LM shell like?

Melamin Tue 22-May-18 23:06:16

Wander is right. I expect that when their statistics have caught up with reality, only 12 will be left.

So who are these male transphobes. I thought it was only women who could be transphobic/terfs.

redshoeblueshoe Tue 22-May-18 23:20:43

Only 12 women left - sounds about right to me

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 22-May-18 23:23:52

It took about 6 months for the SGP to realise Id left

YY. They ignore any resignation letters arc and only notice.once someone notices the annual DD hasn't gone through. SGP haven't even noticed that I left yet.

Badgerthebodger Tue 22-May-18 23:27:45

All people who are receiving unwanted emails from the Labour Party - the GDPR comes into force on Friday, after which they could be in significant bother if they continue to send unsolicited emails to people who have advised they do not wish to receive them anymore. Just in case you fancied reporting them.

Mossandclover Wed 23-May-18 00:27:26

No wonder they need men on AWS if there are only 12 women left.

ToeToToe Wed 23-May-18 00:32:58

There are only 12 women left? Doesn't surprise me tbh.

grin

It's only 11 now....

untoldstories Wed 23-May-18 00:29:00
*Hi David Lewis , I have just cancelled my subscription to Labour.
Enough is enough, have tried to stick with them for so long but fuck that shit.*

Well said untoldstories. Hope you don't mind me copying to this thread...

BlackeyedSusan Wed 23-May-18 00:45:53

did you call? @TransplantsArePlants (done turning round yet?)

grin

and while mn has summoned you here, great post,

It sounds like they are going ot have a lot of complaints on friday or afterwards if they email all the people who have left.

DarthArts Wed 23-May-18 00:51:36

The letter only published the names of 10/12 women.

Over 300 had left the party but their names were not published.

Lily doesn't care anyway.

Anyone who doesn't subscribe to LM's way of thinking is trash.

LaSqrrl Wed 23-May-18 01:25:14

Labour say only 12 women left the party

I think what they meant to say, was "only 12 women left in the party"
What a difference two letters can make to a sentence.

DuelingFanjo Wed 23-May-18 01:27:27

I left and I have received a letter with a questionnaire to fill in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: