Talk

Advanced search

Bill Cosby FINALLY found guilty!

(20 Posts)
terfing Thu 26-Apr-18 20:08:25

I'm not normally delighted that an old man will spend his last days in jail, but for this prick, I'll make an exception...

Thank you so much to all the breve women who stood up to him. You're my sheros! thanks

AcrossthePond55 Thu 26-Apr-18 20:10:46

I'm currently watching the coverage on CNN.

I agree, it's about time one of these entitled, arrogant men gets his comeuppance.

May it be the first of many!

#MeToo

EatSleepRantRepeat Thu 26-Apr-18 20:11:18

Agreed! Hope there's a fair few more who won't rest easy in their beds tonight either!

Jollyandbright Thu 26-Apr-18 20:17:28

I’m watching it too.

It makes me happy,
not because an old man will go to prison but just because people are listening and those brave women have been believed after years of being hushed, paid off and ignored.

Montgomery county district attorney: “Money and power will not stop us” from seeking justice.

SusanBunch Thu 26-Apr-18 20:19:57

WOW! finally. What a prick. Now we just need Woody and Harvey and Roman and all the others to follow suit.

Ereshkigal Thu 26-Apr-18 20:41:02

That's some good news for once!

Ineedacupofteadesperately Thu 26-Apr-18 20:48:24

I think it's good that women who had similar experiences were heard - establishing a pattern. It's so easy to say 'he said, she said' but not so easy if there are 5 women all with the same stories. Is this a new thing? I thought this wasn't allowed in the past.... I found one article that said only one other woman was allowed to speak at his last trial.

Trumpdump Thu 26-Apr-18 20:54:12

A lot of the survivors had similar appearances too, another pattern that was noted.

AfterSchoolWorry Thu 26-Apr-18 21:00:07

I'm so glad. I always really disliked him.

Horrible creep. Glad to see this verdict.

SophoclesTheFox Thu 26-Apr-18 21:01:55

I am quietly pleased that justice has been served.

A serial predator who has wreaked havoc on women's lives for decades will now answer for his crimes.

Good.

AssassinatedBeauty Thu 26-Apr-18 21:08:33

I'm so pleased about this verdict for all the women who he abused, and I hope the verdict removed the arrogant and smug expression from his face for a while.

IndominusRex Thu 26-Apr-18 23:04:22

Excellent news! Must be such a relief for all involved that he will spend the rest of his days in jail.

TheClitterati Fri 27-Apr-18 00:20:38

Tonight he has gone home. Get him to jail ASAP. Surely he won't be at home until his appeal is heard?

AngryAttackKittens Fri 27-Apr-18 00:29:49

Why was he allowed to go home? He's been convicted, it's over, let justice finally be served.

terfing Fri 27-Apr-18 00:31:30

I think that since he has various disabilities (he is almost blind), he won't go to a mainstream prison? That may be why he was allowed home? Not sure though

TheClitterati Fri 27-Apr-18 07:32:43

Yep I'm sure that's the way all disabled convicted rapists are treated.

FredNerk Fri 27-Apr-18 08:15:10

At-bloody-last!

TerfsUp Fri 27-Apr-18 08:15:28

I am glad to hear the verdict. Cosby got away with sexual assaults for too long.

LaSqrrl Fri 27-Apr-18 09:01:32

True to being a scumbag, he will appeal.
That he only got charged with the sexual assault on one woman (because 'statute of limitations') is shocking. His victims probably numbered in the hundreds, more than we will ever know.

Savile got away with it. No coincidence that the last four letters of his name were 'vile'.

But on a bizarre note, I have no idea why suddenly these famous predators were brought down within the last decade. It is actually weird. They were protected for so very long. Is this patriarchy pretending it gives a shit against the sexual abuse of women and girls, and will, in future, hold up these convictions as 'proof' they uphold 'justice', so future women/girls should stfu with their 'false allegations'? Yes, my mind goes there. There are no free giveaways in a patriarchy. Some other agenda is afoot, surely?

Theinconstantgardener Fri 27-Apr-18 09:05:48

About time. Hope not LaSqrrl but i see your point.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: