Talk

Advanced search

The original posts from feminist chat

(87 Posts)
Bespin Fri 20-Apr-18 23:29:16

Hi as all the threads are on one topic I have taken to reading threads from the beginning of this forum and the diversity in topics is really heartening and interesting to read does anyone else read them.

HopScotchy Fri 20-Apr-18 23:34:35

They are on one topic because it's topical and VERY important. The other topics can't really be articulated, measured or fought politically if we lose this one. I'm unapologetic. You post a new thread if you think we should be talking about something else. If we agree we will join in.

Bespin Fri 20-Apr-18 23:42:11

So you don't read them then thanks for your reply. I might reply to dome old ones and bring them forwards as they interstate me no need for new ones

therealposieparker Fri 20-Apr-18 23:43:18

Please share. It sounds very interesting.

thebewilderness Fri 20-Apr-18 23:47:56

This section of Mumsnet is called Feminism and women's rights so that is the topic.
If you want to talk about something else you may want to go to a different section.

Terfmore Fri 20-Apr-18 23:48:36

This is an important issue but it goes hand in hand with so much other shit that has crept in while I was asleep/ earning money to bring up my children.

HopScotchy Fri 20-Apr-18 23:50:46

Women talk about what they want to talk about. This forum reflects that rather than imposes that. So sorry.

Trumpdump Fri 20-Apr-18 23:52:09

Sounds interesting, what topics were being discussed? If the issues are still relevant, then perhaps you could start a thread about them? smile

ReluctantCamper Fri 20-Apr-18 23:52:16

yes Terfmore. I used to say to myself that the way I lived my life, as the higher earner, having children, holding down a responsible job, made me inherently a feminist and that was enough.

I realise I was sleep walking.

DamnDeDoubtanceIsSpartacus Fri 20-Apr-18 23:53:11

I think the most pressing issue needs to be dealt with first. If you look at any category they are not talking about the same topics as they were several years ago, but the most pressing and urgent. What do you want to talk about Bespin?

DamnDeDoubtanceIsSpartacus Fri 20-Apr-18 23:55:00

TV, not talking about the same shows, politics, likewise. Goodness, even food has moved on.

HopScotchy Fri 20-Apr-18 23:55:11

Bespin wants to talk about what women should be talking about. Bespin wants to tell women to stop talking about what they want to talk about.

ZeroFox Fri 20-Apr-18 23:57:34

I might reply to dome old ones and bring them forwards as they interstate me no need for new ones

Ugh. Everyone hates zombie threads. You will make yourself unpopular very quickly.

If you want to talk about something that is not being talked about then start a thread. Don't blame others for talking about things that matter to them, even if they don't matter to you.

DamnDeDoubtanceIsSpartacus Fri 20-Apr-18 23:58:18

I see. I think resurrecting zombie threads is pretty bad form. Just start a thread about something that you want to talk about Bespin, that's how it works smile

DamnDeDoubtanceIsSpartacus Fri 20-Apr-18 23:58:59

Cross post zero!

ZeroFox Sat 21-Apr-18 00:01:48

Cross post zero!

I'm glad we agree grin I would say zombie threads are a pet hate but I think pretty much everyone hates them.

Bespin Sat 21-Apr-18 00:03:19

I am genuinely interested in done of the more broader topics and concepts of feminism like why some women don't identify as feminists and modern concepts of image in media. I found them interesting I just wondered if other people did too I also like reading what people thought the big issues where in 2010 to be honest I liked the idea of a all female cabinet lol

HopScotchy Sat 21-Apr-18 00:06:18

Stop asking women to do your work. start a thread. If it's interesting we will respond.

AngryAttackKittens Sat 21-Apr-18 00:08:50

Anyone can start a thread, OP. If there's something that you'd like to see discussed that there isn't a thread for at the moment then create one!

Bespin Sat 21-Apr-18 00:09:15

Well I was asking if other people had read the original threads and what people thought of them if you have a view on that I'd love to hear

Bespin Sat 21-Apr-18 00:10:44

Also thanks for the tip on not opening old threads 😉

AngryAttackKittens Sat 21-Apr-18 00:12:03

If there's an "original" thread that you'd like opinions on then maybe post a link to it rather than expecting people to search through old threads in the hopes they'll find what you're looking for? Laziness impresses no-one!

ErrolTheDragon Sat 21-Apr-18 00:15:37

I don't actually know how to find old threads in the app.

HopScotchy Sat 21-Apr-18 00:15:52

You want people to search all the old threads and comment? What on specifically? Honestly, just ask a question, make a comment as a new thread. You are just demanding we stop talking about what we are talking about because you don't like it. 'feminism has gone too far now- go back'

Bespin Sat 21-Apr-18 00:18:20

I'm not asking people to look I'm asking if anyone does I like reading things like that. Also just random pages if something is interesting I'm more a reader than a poster to be honest I was just having a brake from all this and reading the forum backwards thought others might do that

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: