Talk

Advanced search

Twitter is deleting people I follow.

(16 Posts)
PissedOffWoman Thu 22-Mar-18 22:32:21

I have noticed over the last few days that people I follow on Twitter have suddenly vanished from my "following" list and when I go to their Twitter profile I am no longer following them. I know I have not unfollowed them so what is going on?

Has anyone else experienced this?

GuardianLions Thu 22-Mar-18 22:33:13

Yes i've noticed it too.

GuardianLions Thu 22-Mar-18 22:34:08

Also posts not appearing on hashtags

PissedOffWoman Thu 22-Mar-18 22:35:14

Yes GuardianLions that too. I am seeing say 4 replies to a tweet but only 2 are visable.

PissedOffWoman Thu 22-Mar-18 22:36:07

Ugh, spelling.

Visible

CircleSquareCircleSquare Thu 22-Mar-18 22:40:34

I think it’s a form of shadow banning.

Sarsparella Thu 22-Mar-18 22:42:14

I noticed not being able to see all the replies to a tweet too, I thought maybe the person I couldn’t see had blocked me for some reason

AssignedPuuurfectAtBirth Thu 22-Mar-18 22:45:21

Yep happens to me all the time. So many followers dropped and people I know I followed, just not

I was blocked by one of my followers 2 days ago, I knew that there was no way it would happen and contacted the person via other followers. They hadn't blocked me. Just one of those twitter things it seems

I am now on lockdown on twitter unless I delete a tweet which contains info freely available on twitter, FB and YouTube

I'm not deleting it. So I guess this the end or the start of a new beginning for me on twitter.

I wonder what my new name should be though. That could be fun

Wobbleslikeaweeble Thu 22-Mar-18 22:55:34

I think a mass reporting campaign is going on at the momoment.

OvaHere Fri 23-Mar-18 00:08:38

I've noticed a big drop off it the last couple of days. Are a lot of GC account being banned?

Sparkyduchess Fri 23-Mar-18 00:15:34

I've noticed the same, and also that I'm blocked by Jean Hatchet who I hugely admire, and don't believe I've ever directly interacted with.

NotAWhacktivist Fri 23-Mar-18 00:18:37

Yes this is happening to me, a lot in the past week.

It has been happening since the beginning but has accelerated I think.

I thought initially that I had not clicked the follow button properly with some people but it has been happening a lot with people I know I was definitely following (I haven't unfollowed anyone yet). A few people started threads on this on twitter so it is happening to others.

VaguelyAware Fri 23-Mar-18 00:20:56

There is a mass reporting campaign at present. I saw tweets earlier & I've noticed the missing replies thing too - but I'm relatively new on Twitter so I presumed it was normal.

OvaHere Fri 23-Mar-18 00:24:38

It sort of ties in with the increase of attack, sea lioning etc..that's been happening on this board in the last couple of days.

The publicity from ManFriday has really put them out.

TinyRick Fri 23-Mar-18 08:04:54

Lots of TiMs in good ol' misogynistic Silicon Valley.

<cough>

Melamin Fri 23-Mar-18 08:54:35

I'm not even on twitter but I have noticed over the last week that there are many 'tweet unavailable's, so you get threads of people answering to invisible people that make no sense.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: