Talk

Advanced search

Netflix admits that Matt Smith was paid more than Claire Foy

(7 Posts)
maladroit Tue 13-Mar-18 23:12:28

When she played the motherfucking Queen! She WAS THE CROWN IN THE CROWN!

What the fuck, man...

Independent link

Gender pay gap? What gender pay gap? Nothing to see here...

Flywheel Wed 14-Mar-18 00:20:45

Fuckers

nooka Wed 14-Mar-18 01:45:51

As the article states the initial pay gap was because of his Dr Who work, meaning that he was a bigger draw to the show. The issue is why he continued to be paid more in the second season where he had a much smaller role and after she was recognized for her role in the show with a number of awards.

Mumsnut Wed 14-Mar-18 06:42:49

I agree with Nooka. I think the difference in pay reflects the fact that he was the more 'bankable' star.

Whether he got to be so because there are more good roles for men though ..

BartholinsSister Wed 14-Mar-18 08:07:50

Perhaps he wouldn't do it for any less.

WhatWouldOliviaPopeDo Wed 14-Mar-18 08:10:43

He was the far bigger star when the first series was cast and Netflix publicised it off the back of his Dr Who fame, so it's understandable he got more at the outset. But that's no excuse for them to continue paying Claire less for series two, when it was her performance that made The Crown the success it was. Someone at Netflix should be writing her a big fat cheque this morning to make up the difference!

MsHomeSlice Wed 14-Mar-18 08:12:46

I haven't watched that series, but I do know who Matt Smith is, and would likely recognise him, but not any idea who Claire Foy is at all.

So it's more likely to have been his fame that "bank rolled" the series to start with.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: