Talk

Advanced search

Jacob Tobia: “The Women's Movement Doesn't Always Include Me — But It Should“

(70 Posts)
WadeWalker Tue 13-Mar-18 16:49:54

Just wondered if anyone else had seen this?

https://www.them.us/story/sissy-diaries-women-and-femmes

WadeWalker Tue 13-Mar-18 16:52:15

Ps. This is the same person who wrote for playboy demanding to be sexually objectified

WadeWalker Tue 13-Mar-18 16:58:24

www.them.us/story/sissy-diaries-women-and-femmes

Just learned how to do links. Get me!

CuriousaboutSamphire Tue 13-Mar-18 17:03:48

Nope! Switched off at Sissy and Pussypower.

And to think, less than a year ago I would have given this more deep thought. Now I just think... "That's cos women are female!"

Femmes???? Really?!?!

UpstartCrow Tue 13-Mar-18 17:05:01

Its almost as if definitions have meanings!

WadeWalker Tue 13-Mar-18 17:05:18

I just. I couldn’t finish it. Thought I’d find some solidarity on here.

WadeWalker Tue 13-Mar-18 17:06:20

www.playboy.com/articles/trans-objectification this is the playboy article I was referring to.

Triliteration Tue 13-Mar-18 17:09:03

Ugh! Really, if people want to be accepted as part of womanhood, maybe they could actually look at a few women and actually try to be like one?m

IcedPurple Tue 13-Mar-18 17:12:56

When the average person hears “woman,” they hear only “person born with a vagina.”

Well.... yeah.....that kind of is important......

What narcissists these people are. It's all about them, isn't it? I've got pale skin, green eyes and blonde hair. Should I write an article whining about how Black Lives Matter doesn't include me?

SleightOfGender Tue 13-Mar-18 17:13:42

Deep sigh - you know if trans/non binary/precious little rainbow bubbles have a problem with how feminism is done by all means they should organise their own movement and define it however they please.

I am utterly sick to death of arseholes co-opting feminism, telling women they are doing it wrong/aren't including enough people/ or that the way we do it is outmoded.

Shut the fuck up arseholes! Instead of writing twee word salad pseudo articles about feminism form your own political movement specially built exactly how you want it for your kind of people and LEAVE WOMEN ALONE.

Seriously I just want to shout this, I'm so over it all.

ThatEscalatedQuickly Tue 13-Mar-18 17:14:04

People are often so scared of their desire for me that they avert their eyes. They can’t so much as look at me without fearing that their “deviant” desire for me will be revealed to the world.

That's from the playboy article. Seriously, maybe not that many people find you attractive Jacob? Nothing to do with transphobia, you quite simply seem to have a very high view of your own attractiveness if you assume it's some form of internalised shame that means you don't get hit on much.

I don't assume everyone who meets me is secretly in agony from paroxysms of unspoken desire hmm

LaContessaDiPlump Tue 13-Mar-18 17:20:00

ThatEscalatedQuickly I was going to post the same excerpt!

I think a great many trans people are desperate to be considered really, genuinely attractive in the way he describes though, and FUCK are they pissed off that it doesn't seem to happen. It's sort of sad, in a way. Not sad enough for me to roll over and let the GRA through, though.

HomeTerf Tue 13-Mar-18 17:39:04

Sweet Jesus.

Nothing else to say.

Flamingowings Tue 13-Mar-18 18:10:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kooshbin Tue 13-Mar-18 18:16:01

The term "femmes" makes me think of drag queens. Maybe this Jacob chap is trying to be funny.

AngryAttackKittens Tue 13-Mar-18 19:35:53

A "sissy" is not a woman, and therefore not included in the women's movement.

Also, it's not women's fault that straight men don't fancy you, mate, and nor is it the business of feminism to try to steer anyone towards sex that they don't want.

AngryAttackKittens Tue 13-Mar-18 19:39:37

But amid all of this pussypower, I’ve found myself struggling to communicate with feminist allies, organizers, colleagues, and friends about something that’s been putting me off: the word “woman” itself.

Shorter Jacob - I realized that my Playboy piece wasn't explicit enough about how much I hate and resent women, and blame them for my romantic woes, so I thought I'd make it clear enough for even the most pomo addled "ally" to grasp this time. Can I be the boss of feminism now?

Amortentia Tue 13-Mar-18 19:43:00

Honestly, I’m beginning to think that narcissism is a social contagion amongst men. How can so many not see beyond themselves or wish to centre the world around only them.

Squishysquirmy Tue 13-Mar-18 19:51:04

FFS.
The women's movement doesn't always include me and I am what this person would call "cis".
There are all kinds of very important feminist issues that don't affect me personally, but they still very much need to be talked about. I still care about feminist issues affecting BAME women, women in developing countries, homeless women, disabled women, lesbians and survivors of rape and domestic abuse despite being none of those things myself. I don't take it as some form of exclusion when these issues are raised.

From what they wrote, this person does not want to be "included" in feminism; they want feminism to centre on them and their issues only.

Squishysquirmy Tue 13-Mar-18 19:59:20

Also, any word that becomes "an all inclusive net" is no longer a remotely useful word. It's like when a child invents their own language and insists that you converse with them while they make it up as they go along. Tedious.

terryleather Tue 13-Mar-18 20:17:47

Genderqweer non-binary narcissists like this fudd make me want to drink ginginginand never stop...

Mouthtrousersafrocknowandthen Tue 13-Mar-18 20:19:31

Genderqweer non-binary narcissists like this fudd make me say NO to every single line he writes.
No to all of it.

It's MEN and femmes. OK?

Mouthtrousersafrocknowandthen Tue 13-Mar-18 20:22:05

That's what we do terryleather, we go home and tranquillise ourselves.
We have to get out there and say NO instead.

Mouthtrousersafrocknowandthen Tue 13-Mar-18 20:22:58

He needs posting on the everyday sexism site

SunsetBeetch Tue 13-Mar-18 20:23:56

Oh he got absolutely owned on twitter for this. Thread here:

twitter.com/JacobTobia/status/971857839621853184?s=19

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: