Talk

Advanced search

Sorry Wales....

(22 Posts)
Callmejudith Tue 13-Mar-18 08:56:01

Leanne Wood has drunk the koolaid

(though is getting an absolutely pasting)

Cliques Tue 13-Mar-18 08:57:15

Fuck

Pythagonal Tue 13-Mar-18 09:03:25

I can't tell you how disappointed I am, I can't believe that she has thought this through. I voted for Plaid at the last election, too.

LittleLebowski Tue 13-Mar-18 09:10:56

And the lies! Who the hell is 'debating transgenderism?

terryleather Tue 13-Mar-18 09:16:47

I just saw this on Twitter and couldn't believe it.

Apart from anything else the freedom of speech issue is huge, but nah too busy doing knee jerk virtue signalling.

What an ignorant woman.

YippeeKiYayMelonFarmer Tue 13-Mar-18 09:26:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pythagonal Tue 13-Mar-18 09:44:24

Does anyone know any Welsh journalists? Is it worth tweeting them, letting them know that Leanne Woods is against debate?

UpstartCrow Tue 13-Mar-18 09:51:20

Can you imagine the uproar if any other group were being legally erased?

AngryAttackKittens Tue 13-Mar-18 09:51:38

It's so illogical. If what we have to say is clearly wrong then us saying it won't change anyone's mind, so why be so worried about it being said? The only reason to try to shut down the conversation is that you're afraid that people's minds will be changed, which you wouldn't be if you knew that you were on solid ground and could back up your arguments.

SuitedandBooted Tue 13-Mar-18 10:11:33

No point in just hand-wringing, contact Walesonline - biggest newpaper site in wales.
www.walesonline.co.uk/contact-us/

Details;

Contact Us
Got a story in your area?
Is there something happening in your area you would like us to report on? You can contact the newsdesk via the following details.

Email: newsdesk@walesonline.co.uk; postnews@mediawales.co.uk

Phone

Cardiff: 029 2024 3600

Swansea: 01792 545520

Iminthecclubnow Tue 13-Mar-18 10:15:30

I'm not Welsh but I saw this yesterday - yes, it's very disappointing isn't it? Am off the read the comments.

LostArt Tue 13-Mar-18 10:20:02

Am I understanding it correctly - she doesn't support the debate? Doesn't that fly in the face of democracy?

Mayday01 Tue 13-Mar-18 10:27:50

Is there any official body this can be reported to?
Aside from the trans debate, surely official saying they don't support debate and people having a say in what affects them flies in the face of democracy.
These are our representatives and they need holding to account.

hackmum Tue 13-Mar-18 10:30:23

Little - who's that person who wants to stop the debate at the House of Commons? I think Leanne Wood is going to look pretty foolish if she tries to intervene to stop people having a discussion at the HoC.

Terftastic Tue 13-Mar-18 10:43:51

I'm not Welsh,, but I've always liked Leanne Wood when I've heard her speak.

I agree it's possible this is a knee-jerk reaction to a tweet she's received from a transactivist - a tweet which is horribly misleading.

I'd wager Leanne has not read what's written on A Woman's Place's website - but just wants to set herself away from "transphobia". That's what most of them are doing. Maybe.

I refuse to believe that all these MPs really believe that 'biological woman' as a legal category should be erased from the Equality Act. I just refuse to believe it. They have to come to their senses and actually listen to what we're saying.

FaithHopeCharityDesperation Tue 13-Mar-18 11:02:08

She's (rightfully) being given a pasting.

Shouldn't be shocked, but I continue to be, that the very people who are supposed to be the bastions of democracy will throw it under a bus in a heartbeat in their virtue-signalling thirst to be perceived as 'progressive'.

MrsOvarall Tue 13-Mar-18 11:10:14

David Davies (sp? Can never remember) is a Welsh MP, isn't he? The one who hosted the gender critical forum in the HoC? He should be all over this.

BiologyMatters Tue 13-Mar-18 12:32:42

She's getting an absolute roasting on twitter. She should read up on stuff before she posts her opinion.

SuitedandBooted Tue 13-Mar-18 12:57:34

mrsOverall

www.david-davies.org.uk/contact

Janie143 Tue 13-Mar-18 13:21:57

Can someone link to Leanne's Twitter please

hipsterfun Tue 13-Mar-18 13:47:12

Look, Wales and Scotland, wanting to be more progressive than England is all very well, but please have a proper think first.

OldCrone Tue 13-Mar-18 14:08:33

@Janie143
Leanne's post is here
twitter.com/LeanneWood/status/973232841910779905

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: