Talk

Advanced search

Heather Peto

(126 Posts)
flapsDentata Mon 19-Feb-18 11:45:41

I was on another thread in here, and a few other Mumsnetters were saying that Peto has already been an MP candidate before, under the name Warren Peto. Which would stop him from being on the Jo Cox programme, and catches him lying about his political status. Does anyone have some more details? I feel an article coming on. Thanks lovely lovely people.

CAAKE Mon 19-Feb-18 12:11:57

Miranda Yardley has been tweeting about it -

https://twitter.com/terrorizermir/status/962810053605625868

https://twitter.com/terrorizermir/status/964628251732824064

https://twitter.com/terrorizermir/status/963929361706397701

GenderApostate Mon 19-Feb-18 12:14:53

Miranda Yarley has already called him out on twitter with evidence and he is still fully denying that it was him. Despite there being no proof of a different Warren James Peto.

Popchyk Mon 19-Feb-18 12:16:46

I only know the rumours, lying about age and background. I think Miranda Yardley knows the latest.

Labour didn't seem to notice before putting Peto on All Women Shortlists, electing Peto as Parliamentary candidate for Rutland and Melton and then putting Peto into the Women in Leadership programme. From this, I'm guessing that Labour NEVER vet any of their candidates.

Funny how lying about having stood before will prevent you from being on the Women in Leadership programme but being BEING A BLOODY BLOKE won't.

Oh, we live in interesting times.

Heather was recently on the All Women Shortlist for the Rushcliffe constituency. Beaten last month by Cheryl Pidgeon, an actual woman and a Momentum candidate. labourlist.org/2018/01/top-union-official-takes-rushcliffe-selection-over-mcdonnell-backed-rival/ Heather won't be happy.

MsBeaujangles Mon 19-Feb-18 12:19:03

You could DM Miranda Yardley. She tweeted about this a few days ago. I think she was forced to remove the tweets (by Twitter) for reasons I could fathom. It seemed to me as though Peto was caught out but continued to maintain a position that suggested otherwise. Peto was denying everything despite photos of newspaper articles with their picture on and birth records etc.
I think Peto started off suggesting that the Peto under discussion was not the same Peto but later changed tac to infer that they no longer were that Peto and so could legitimately disassociate themselves!

NotAnotherJaffaCake Mon 19-Feb-18 12:21:04

Oh God, I knew that name rang a bell. I used to work with them. Run, don’t walk.

flapsDentata Mon 19-Feb-18 12:28:27

Thank you guys. That’s brilliant. All the love xx

Dramatriangle Mon 19-Feb-18 12:37:18

Jaffa run from whom? And why?

UpABitLate Mon 19-Feb-18 12:43:48

TIMs of this type are really very keen on stout denial aren't they.

The sheer front is incredible but then that applies to quite a lot of what they do.

JaniceBattersby Mon 19-Feb-18 12:47:48

Peto stood as a candidate in my CLP as a woman and I have had several encounters with her. To say there was much consternation about her selection would be underestimating it. When I spoke to local people, although they were worried about her being trans, they were more worried about her sleep disorder that means she has four-day-long kips hmm Her answer to now on earth she would manage a parliamentary role as that she’d get her staff to help. Needless to say, she lost spectacularly. Hopefully we’ll have a more credible candidate this time.

NotAnotherJaffaCake Mon 19-Feb-18 12:53:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Dramatriangle Mon 19-Feb-18 12:57:21

sadflowers jaffa

BetsyM00 Mon 19-Feb-18 13:04:08

Turfy McTurfFace has also tweeted about Peto's dating profile:
twitter.com/confirmedturf/status/964852130078105600

MsBeaujangles Mon 19-Feb-18 13:08:58

I am pleased that this is being picked up, not just to address the obvious issues relating to the Jo Cox programme etc. but so that people who hold certain positions are held to account for lying.
Lily Madigan and Heather Peto seem to feel entirely comfortable saying whatever they want. The Labour Party don’t seem to be doing anything about their representatives behaving in such a manner. This too needs a light shone on it.

UpABitLate Mon 19-Feb-18 13:12:11

Reminds me of the TIM on the girls basketball team (that pic that gets sent around a lot) where it was supposed to be for girls who hadn't had a chance before, and the TIM had actually done it before as a bloke and then got a second bite of the cherry. So not only took a place from a girl, but also cheated the rules.

Like I say, seems to be par for the course with TIMs like this. And why do people let them get away with it? Lily's blow job face on twitter "oh that's not me" oh really? It sure as fuck looks like you and it's got your name on it...

doctorcuntybollocks Mon 19-Feb-18 13:15:52

Does Peto have a brother to blame for all of his own misdeeds?

UpABitLate Mon 19-Feb-18 13:39:46

No I suspect it's women, in general, who are to blame for this somehow.

BlindYeo Mon 19-Feb-18 14:11:31

Random stuff the internet throws up: There was a Warren Peto who was Treasurer of the Dr Who society at Oxford University in 1990! So likely an undergraduate student at the time?

tidesoftime.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/tides02.pdf

I wonder if that is the one who stood for election in 1994.

Dr Heather Peto appears to have done a PhD at Cambridge in the early 2000s. I think I read in a relatively recent interview somewhere that she said she'd been living as a woman for about 20 years, which would mean since the mid/late 1990's.

She was living as a woman when she did the PhD as there are news articles about a complaint she lodged against the university.

OlennasWimple Mon 19-Feb-18 15:06:49

Blind - that makes sense. Peto seems to have been born in early 1970

OlennasWimple Mon 19-Feb-18 15:19:01

And this Google account from 1998 is clearly in both Warren and Heather's name (I presume @MirandaYardley has already seen it)

And Heather Warren James Peto seems to be used as the full name a number of times, including On what appears to be his PhD thesis

hmm

Wobbleslikeaweeble Mon 19-Feb-18 15:24:56

Peto putting themselves forward to be added to the Wikipedia Feminist page - when a FB group of transwomen (and some allies) were planning to add feminist Transwomen like Paris Lees and remove the false terfy feminists. They mention being a previous candidate.

wantaticket Mon 19-Feb-18 16:10:45

Heather studied at Cambridge, thinks he's a woman and yet can't spell the word "vagina" according to the screenshot from that twitter account? Spelling and grammar in general is dreadful. No idea how he ever got in.

remezord Mon 19-Feb-18 17:36:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Carriemac Mon 19-Feb-18 17:58:25

A liar and a fantasist. Just what we need to represent us in Parliament

OlennasWimple Mon 19-Feb-18 19:22:32

Does he not realise that the internet means that stuff is out there forever?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: